Courtyard protest.

In all fairness, the people protesting are doing so with all the best intentions as they see it.

They are prepared to stand up and make a noise for something they feel strongly about, and I don't think they should be ridiculed or made fun of for that.  Good for them.

Security and Defence Expo?  Hmm...  Nothing at all sinister, and no dodgy deals could possibly go on at an event like that, could it?

Whilst not a member of the protest group I completely understand their point of view. The Courtyard Arts Centre is being funded by the local taxpayer as an Arts Centre, which it does very well doing excellent work with dementia sufferers, young people's art groups, etc. I do not want my council tax to subsidies the arms and defence industries as I feel the same way about these businesses as I do about cigarette companies - they are selling products that in many cases lead to untimely deaths. There are many commercial places who I am sure would be happy to have hosted such an event if this needed to be held in Hereford and so I see no reason for this to have been hosted in The Courtyard. If this is what the Courtyard feels is a priority in our society then I think the public subsidy should be removed and the money better spent on filling the potholes which risk many death and injuries to local people on a daily basis. 

Not sure how much cash they get now, if any (?), from our council.

Still, I'm not generally fussed about such issues, can sympathise with the protesters though I think, as this doesn't seem like an exhibition that fits in at a "centre for the arts"!!