The Beryl and John Trust Application

Colin James

This grant application appears to be limited to building work or that type of project to me, they are talking about plans of sites before/after, confirmation of landowners consent, 2 quotes etc.

What if some group would like to apply for a grant for victims of natural disasters or individuals who seek to open a small business or an organised coach trip for pensioners to Barry Island? 

Victor said ......

What if some group would like to apply for a grant for victims of natural disasters or individuals who seek to open a small business or an organised coach trip for pensioners.....

In 2009 I applied to the Lottery Fund for £5000 to help my Army Veterans Association celebrate 50 years Anniversary of the Boys Regt. RA moving from Bradbury Lines , Hereford up to Nuneaton Warwickshire.

I must say that it was a very hard slog for a layman with plenty of form filling etc . I could , of course understand why I had to answer loads of question , produce the Associations Bank Accounts , obtain references etc . I was lucky enough to know somebody who spent their professional life making application for high value grant . I have never considered my loss of hearing caused by noise induced hearing loss ( standing next to a Big Bang without being issued with ear defenders ! ) as a disability , I plus 90% of the members of my Association wear hearing aids - it's a disability which ticks a box on the Application Form.

Were we awarded the Grant ? - yes the full £5000 , proud to say that all my hard work paid off . Of course , after the event I had to submit Auditted Accounts of the Reunion . Which I was happy to obtain .