Maylord Orchards

Adrian symonds

That place is getting worse, the toilets stink and a lot of the time are broken, maybe because now they are about the only loos left in the city centre and the lift seems to break down too often.

The cleaning is awful, dirty and grubby and with all the stalls in the lobby it is far too crowded. It shows how far downhill Maylords have gone. A few years ago they would not have anything in the lobby at all, now they have what ever they can get.

Who owns the place now?

I know times are hard, but giving it a decent clean would not hurt it.

and with all the stalls in the lobby it is far too crowded. It shows how far downhill Maylords have gone. A few years ago they would not have anything in the lobby at all, now they have what ever they can get.

Clutter. In the old days there was just the odd 'A' board knocking about but every inch of 'space' in town is now a magnet for a pop up tent/kiosk/trestle table/wagon or whatever.

Just been through there in the last hr.Problem with Maylords is that its privately owned so it has private contractors to do the cleaning which they obviously are not doing.
On another note empty shops seem to be filling up in the town centre.The old Bristol n West place has someone in after well over three years being empty.
The big shop with scaffold on by Maylords is to open as a cookware shop.Barnardos by black n White house is filled.

Lift broken, escalators broken and no-one to complain to

Saturday 24 October 2015 / Letters

I AM writing after reading the letter from Steve Lloyd of Leominster about the Maylord shopping centre (Broken lift is poor show, Letters, October 8).

I, too, am disabled. I struggled out of my car the week before, and to my dismay, the escalators were not working, the lift wasn’t working and I discovered two older exits are now not in use.

I struggled, and on returning, I had to pay £3.60 to exit. There was nobody to complain to and I was disgusted. Maybe things are now better.

JENNIFER WEST Harewood End

Just been through there in the last hr.Problem with Maylords is that its privately owned so it has private contractors to do the cleaning which they obviously are not doing.

On another note empty shops seem to be filling up in the town centre.The old Bristol n West place has someone in after well over three years being empty.

The big shop with scaffold on by Maylords is to open as a cookware shop.Barnardos by black n White house is filled.

My mum worked as a cleaner in Maylords when it first opened and everything had to be spot on, it was always clean. even when she left and the contract was taken over be a different company it was still clean, it is only in the last few years it have fallen apart. 

The lift always seems to be out of order, I know it is getting on, but they should sort it out.

The old Barnardos shop is Off the wall that have moved from St'Owen street, so still a empty shop somewhere.