Like Radio - Now 'On Air'

Roger

Has anyone got any views on the signal quality? Showing up as 80 kbps Mono on my radio since start up. 

If it is only 80Kb/s then it is not going to sound that good even on a basic kitchen radio, most people will not tell the difference between stereo on mono unless they are sitting in between the speakers.

Dab is not that great at the best of times, so 80Kbps for music is poor, that is why I gave up on Dab.

If it is only 80Kb/s then it is not going to sound that good even on a basic kitchen radio, most people will not tell the difference between stereo on mono unless they are sitting in between the speakers.

Dab is not that great at the best of times, so 80Kbps for music is poor, that is why I gave up on Dab.

I think most people with DAB radios have got the basic 'kitchen' type with just one speaker but you can tell the difference in sound quality depending on the signal output which is displayed. BBC H+W is 128 kbps stereo ~ as is Radio 2. Sunshine is 112 kbps stereo. BBC Radio 5 is 64 kbps Mono but it is a speach station. I agree with you that DAB is a really rubbish medium to listen to. I've given up on it as well.