More Bloody Waste From The Council.

bobby47

There's no bloody end to it. Who'll step forward and burst this balloon of wealth and rid me of this beast of bloody burden!

The barstards! Utter barstards. The bloody Council! Fiscally knackered, bereft of hope and on the fast steep slope to oblivion, have kindly posted me a rotten Calendar.

God knows how much this little slice of joy will cost us. Bloody Hell!

The planning, the design, the bloody meetings, the printing and the distribution would most certainly have helped save a couple of front line public sector jobs that'd be of benefit to our communities and what do we all get? A bloody Calendar with the message, 'with the compliments of Herefordshire Council'.

There is no end to it. The recession is something that happened to everyone but them. To them, it was no more than a rumour. Good Lord!

Well they can get stuffed. I'll be damned if I even glance at it. Id sooner stab myself in the eye with a small fruit fork.

Good grief! To think, even now, after all that's happened to our Country, our economy and us, the people who fund and fuel this madness, still they spend our money without a thought for how it'll impact upon me, my fat face and this bloody eczema.

Bloody Hell!

Please Bobby don't bludgeon the fruit fork ....you should be getting a free pen as well so use that ...I guess they are going to deliver them separately after all you will need to tick off the days leading up to May! The thing probably won't work so option two is to apply as a trocar and go for a d.I.y tracheostomy that way if you can't lambast them at the door you can cough over them when you vent your frustration. Just a thought mate.

Madness. Who printed it? A local business? When Amey were in charge of printing calendars, local printers who had worked for the council for years were suddenly dumped, causing some considerable hardship, in favour of others from far away who obviously had an advantageous relationship with them. I've not received mine yet - if and when I do I shall be complaining, after tossing it into the recycling bin.

The horrid thing was delivered with the Admag. I've had a chat with a 'source' and he tells me that one of the many Departments within the beasts belly had money left over from this years budget and so, rather than return it and risk getting less next financial year, they spent it and produced this pointless Calendar.

I've tasked him to get back in there and find out how much this bloody thing has cost, come back to the Ale House, tell me so that I can get even angrier and then tell you lot.

Somebody tell me if they've had one because, if Im on me own then it means the noose is tightening around my neck and they'll be preparing themselves to attack, drag me from my dwelling and thrash me senseless whilst I'm tethered to the Hereford Bull.

Mind, I ain't scared. I'll be damned if it bothers me.

They've just had my response! Yes! Despite this dreadful Siberian icy blast of wind that's whooshing through my back garden, I've been out, sprayed the bloody Calendar with lighter fluid and set it ablaze howling, ' get stuffed. Stop wasting our bloody money'.

And whatsmore, I'll do the same next year and the year after if it's entirely necessary. I'll be damned if I sit back and fail to object to this monstrous corporate mindset that sees us serving them rather than them serving us.

And as for the paperboy, who delivered me the bloody AdMag and the Calendar, Im a reasonable sort and I do not hold him responsible. He's a thoroughly decent young lad and none of this is his fault and I refuse to aim any critique toward him.

Mind, if he's a party to the decision to produce this Calendar, shove it through my door, in the hope of seeing me act irrationally by starting a small blaze in my back garden in the midst of this awful biting wind then as far as I'm concerned he ain't getting a Christmas Tip from me.

I have just realised that there is no COMMERCIAL ! reason to deliver a calender out into the Sticks so it will be of interest to ascertain the result of Bobbies enquiries to see if there is any COMMERCIAL ! benefit at all or has the production of this , still unseen masterpiece was just to ensure that the HCC are given the same amount if money to produce it next year - may your God forbid ! - hang loose Brothers and Sisters ....

Well....I haven't had one.....but there again, I don't usually get an Admag!

What a complete waste of money. Our money!

Tell me Bobby......did it have nice pictures??? Which month did Patricia represent??? Was it a bit bland....or did they dress up????

Or was it perhaps, a tasteful scene depicting thousands of shoppers trudging around the OLM??

Details, details....I want details!!

Well Bobby no calendar for me either so there may well be a conspiracy to drive you out into the open! Been out of the country these last few days so much madness to catch up on...HUFC,The proposed southern relief road, Hereford Hospital shortcomings it really is a cracking place.

Got mine - it’s a lovely piece of A3 card, beautifully printed on both sides, urging me to choose how i move and assuring me it was funded by the Dept for Transport. My very own personal travel planner. It even has a hole punched in it to hang it on a rusty nail.

Lets see, the Admag has a circulation of about 48000, x say 10p for calendar each = £4800. Lets see what b47's contact says is the real cost.

Sorry, dippy - no pictures,  no patricia, no olm, just blandsville. Nothing is more reliable than the council's ability to waste our money.

Got mine - it’s a lovely piece of A3 card, beautifully printed on both sides, urging me to choose how i move and assuring me it was funded by the Dept for Transport. My very own personal travel planner. It even has a hole punched in it to hang it on a rusty nail.

Lets see, the Admag has a circulation of about 48000, x say 10p for calendar each = £4800. Lets see what b47's contact says is the real cost.

Sorry, dippy - no pictures,  no patricia, no olm, just blandsville. Nothing is more reliable than the council's ability to waste our money.

Actually TWG does it already have dates in it where planning approval has already been granted for housing developments we don't know about yet ....say for the south west of the city where they want this new road to go??

Thank you Jesus. Thank you Lord, Im not alone! The blogger TwoWheels, with or without an 'e', has also been gifted a Calendar which is a load of worry off!

As for the source, a disgruntled Middle manager who can't quite manage to crawl up the anus of his Line Manager and who cannot stop talking as we sit and sup ale together, he's been tasked to come up with a figure. Whatsmore, I've told him, 'I've a sweet tooth, I want my sugar and I desperately need to learn the true cost to us the payers of this rotten Calendar.'

Furthermore, I've told him, if he's unsuccessful and despite the training ive given him in the art of eavesdropping, he cannot present me with the true figure, I'll simple pull one out of the air, pretend to myself it's accurate and I'll peddle it out upon these pages as fact.

You can't get fairer than that!