Nearly 100 council staff sign 'gagging' orders to keep quiet

WirralPC

It's not Herefordshire, but a very close neighbour.

The subject matter of compromise agreements and gagging clauses has been covered in depth lately on Hereford Voice.

This is an article from today's Worcester News:

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/11580086.Nearly_100_council_staff_sign__gagging__orders_to_keep_quiet/

Good Lord! There's no end to it. The barstards! To think, even now, in this age of so called openness and transparency, these people still feel able to carry out this illicit activity.

My theory is, not that it's worth dwelling on, they know there'll be a day of reckoning and just so that they can cloud the water and make the criminal investigation that will one day take place very uncomfortable to pursue, they want to drag as many recipients as they can into the Dock to join them charged with obtaining a pecuniary advantage or a straightforward obtaining public funds by deception.

If it doesn't feel right, it doesn't look right and you form the view it ain't right, chances are it ain't right and a huge shift in public service direction is required to halt this relentless slide toward wrongdoing.

• 2 months later...

Well done lad. Great work. I've read the piece on the Worcester News, commented upon that piece and noted that at least one serving Councillor has been brave enough to say that these payments are entirely wrong.

It'll be interesting to see how long Herefordshire Council hold out before they reveal the exact and true cost that Herefordians have been required to pay to keep the Councils secrets secreted from our gaze and scrutiny.

However they are worded I have had to deal with these for most of my career. Sometimes presented at job offer (do I take it) or sometimes at the end (take the money...or have peace of mind). This is why I live in a small bungalow and not a 5 bedder on Aylestone Hill. I also think Dacia make great cars!

Our local press has given a lot of publicity to residents who have received awards this new year.   My copy of Private Eye dropped on the doormat yesterday and we can all be proud that our county council has also received national recognition.  Every year, the `Eye' announces the winners of local government awards on the `Rotten Boroughs' page.  Herefordshire Council has been given an award for `Services to Workplace Bullying`.  I'm surprised the PR department has already put out a press release announcing this.

When I do my mum's shopping I always pick up Private Eye, once every two weeks.  But horror of all horrors, I looked today, and they'd stopped stocking it.  After examining what was on the shelves, I'm assuming that the people who live down my mum's way are only interested in TV Quick; PC World, Country Life and Headworking and Toadying for HR Professionals Monthly.

So I'll have to nip to the Tesco Express before it gets targeted for closure and see if I get any joy there...............

• 1 year later...