Oh look, the grass is on fire

Biomech

So which **** said that long grass that was cut and left to dry wouldn't be a problem as long as we didn't get summer?

I'd love to hear what you have to say about it now - let me guess, the grass fire wasn't because of the grass right?

https://www.facebook.com/YourHfdshire/photos/a.452936028176885.1073741829.451112681692553/457830044354150/?type=1

936060_457830044354150_43368157287090280

This was yesterday evening - the old Whitecross School playing field!

The smell was dreadful! The grass here, as far as I am aware has not been cut at all this year. The Whitecross nursery school borders this field, so I'm just glad it wasn't open when this happened, as the smoke was pretty bad even where I live!

It has always been a really popular field for dog walkers, and for children to play......this year it has been quite deserted as the grass is just too long.

Good to see you posting again Biomech - you've been fairly quiet of late! I was a tad concerned you had shut your fingers in the van door or some other accident that had damaged your digits, and rendered you unable to type!!

Good to see you posting again Biomech - you've been fairly quiet of late!

Oh I'm always here :) Just been a tad busy at work that's all :)

Getting a bit tired of the same issues though to be honest - the council never listen, the councillors only chime in when it makes them look good, they rarely answer questions, and the problems never get fixed - I guess things never change in this city :P