Public Exhibition for South Wye Transport Package.

Glenda Powell

I received this today from Herefordshire Council Newsdesk.

Quote:

19th Aug 2014

Public Exhibition for South Wye Transport Package

Herefordshire residents will have an opportunity to view plans and give feedback about traffic and transportation issues affecting the South Wye area of Hereford.

The council will hold a public exhibition from Tuesday 1st to Thursday 3rd July (from 12 noon to 8pm each day) at the Three Counties Hotel, Hereford. The exhibition will display a number of options that have been considered for addressing problems in the area.

Residents are encouraged to come along and give their views and opinions on the transportation problems and the options that have been identified to deal with these. Following the exhibition people will be able to feedback their comments until 8th August 2014.

Cllr Price, cabinet member for infrastructure said: " traffic flows on the A465 are forecast to increase over time as a result of economic growth. The aims of this study are to look at ways to reduce congestion, pollution and social deprivation in the South Wye area. In order to do this, it is important that we consult widely with local residents and stakeholders. I would urge anyone with any interest in this project to come along to the public exhibition and see the options that have been identified to deal with the continually growing transport problems in the South of the city. everyone will be given the opportunity to voice their opinions on the outcomes of the initial stages of the project and we welcome them to do so".

More information about the South Wye transport Package and a link to the online consultation can be found from the 1st July on line HERE.

For a hard copy of the consultation brochure and consultation questionnaire please contact 01432 349505 or email Hereford@pbworld.com

End.

Do we know the options available? Your link is also dead

Says it all doesn't it - add a 'd' into herefordshire in the link - they can't even type that properly - and you'll be taken to 'Page cannot be found'. Now what was I saying about 'just do the basics, but do them well'?

The email address by the way is to Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the most expensive highways consultants in the country, used by Balfour Beatty, who've subbed it to them and no doubt added a 20% management fee.

And we wonder where all the money goes?

Says it all doesn't it - add a 'd' into herefordshire in the link - they can't even type that properly - and you'll be taken to 'Page cannot be found'. Now what was I saying about 'just do the basics, but do them well'?

The email address by the way is to Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the most expensive highways consultants in the country, used by Balfour Beatty, who've subbed it to them and no doubt added a 20% management fee.

Now it says page not found lol

That's right Denise.....consultation runs from the 1st July through to the 3rd, and nobody is allowed a sneaky peek beforehand!!!!

Councillor Price may be urging anyone with any interest to take part in this.... but on set days, at set times only!!

Three days is all you're allowed!!

Perish the thought that ideas may already be floating around....we must wait patiently until we are allowed to comment!!

I have just noticed that this information that Glenda received from the council newsdesk yesterday, is dated 19th August 2014......unless I am mistaken, wasn't yesterday the 19th June 2014??? Or have I somehow lost 2 months of my life??

In which case, I will have missed the consultation altogether!!

The way it works

1. Don't build a bypass or ring road around a city with only one decent river crossing

2. Have several strategic north-south and east-west routes crossing that one bridge, converging each end of the bridge.

3. Build a large supermarket one end of the bridge and a large shopping centre the other end.

4. Wonder why traffic is so bad even though you have put in lots of traffic lights

5. Employ expensive consultants to explain it all to you in simple language.

6. For a nominal extra sum, get the consultants to back up the bypass route you want, but can't afford.

7. Job done

oh, sorry, forgot.

- put up an exhibition board for a couple of days in a hotel so you can claim to have `consulted stakeholders' - and hope no-one notices.  Box ticked.

Herefordshire Council’s bid to the National Pothole Fund succeeded in winning an extra £2.573 Million for road repairs. This is great news and is the highest allocation in the country.

Latest news from Herefordshire Council, UK.
NEWSROOM.HEREFORDSHIRE.GOV.UK

There there everything will be ok now

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE- Over 200 Herefordshire residents attended the public exhibition last week to discuss plans and give feedback about the south wye transport package A49-B4349 southern link road. However it is not to late to take part in the consultation and the exhibition displays can now be viewed at the belmont and Hereford libraries until the end of the consultation period which ends on 8th Aug 2014. For those who want to ask questions about the plans staff will be on-hand on 15th July at the Belmont Library

2pm-5pm and 18th July Hereford Library 3pm-7pm.

• 4 weeks later...

Closing date for comments 8th August.  For those yet to leave a comment or two or indeed those of you who have already commented can do again if they wish should read the following link View 1 new Tweet

Please read before you make your response to South Wye Transport Consultation http://www.hereforhereford.co.uk/2014/08/south-wye-transport-package-where-is-the-evidence/ â€¦ . Misinformation by Council continues

Expand

•  

It certainly gives food for thought.  Oh you can comment by using Mr A N Other or Mr Anybody you wish to be.

Here for Hereford have also asked without success for supporting evidence that no link road A465 to A49 is preventing growth at Rotherwas

• 3 months later...