Plans for new gym & trampoline facility in Rotherwas

JudSawyer

I heard from one of the school parents that plans are afoot for a new gym and trampoline facility on Rotherwas industrial estate. It seems Hereford Leisure Centre cannot offer enough space for boys' equipment (dunno why boys need different kit but there you go) or facilities for the disabled.

https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/planningapplicationsearch/details/?id=132530

Probably a good thing? Diversify what's going on in Rotherwas and south of the Wye generally. Maybe another reason to open a railway halt there? Wasn't it only going to cost £10 mln for a railway stop in Rotherwas?

Also there was a sign at leisure centre saying there is a bag-packing charity raising thing going on at Tesco Belmont this weekend to help fund this gym, so be prepared if you are shopping there.

Probably a good thing? Diversify what's going on in Rotherwas and south of the Wye generally. Maybe another reason to open a railway halt there? Wasn't it only going to cost £10 mln for a railway stop in Rotherwas?

Are you telling us that a railway halt at Rotherwas will cost £10m? This sort of money should be spent across the city. No one will ever use it. All those in Hereford aren't going to drive to the main railway staion to catch a train to Rotherwas. It will be quicker to drive directly there (subject to time of day) and for those who can get out of their car and onto a bike the journey time from the furthest point of the city can only be 1/2 hour using the new Greenway link. 

Are you telling us that a railway halt at Rotherwas will cost £10m? This sort of money should be spent across the city. No one will ever use it. All those in Hereford aren't going to drive to the main railway staion to catch a train to Rotherwas. It will be quicker to drive directly there (subject to time of day) and for those who can get out of their car and onto a bike the journey time from the furthest point of the city can only be 1/2 hour using the new Greenway link. 

It is consultancy company Jacobs that puts the cost at £10 million on page 5 of this report. It forecasts 138k-188k passenger journeys per annum between Leominster and Rotherwas, and 147k-197k from Holme Lacy. Obviously that's intended to support the whole Skylon Enterprise Zone and nothing to do with the gym.

https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/media/5546798/Rotherwas_Rail_Report.pdf

I think the point of the railway station in Rotherwas is for out of city transportation of workers and visitors and to provide an industrial route for manufacturer materials and goods export..... if I'm wrong, then what the f*** are they doing?

As for a gym, I don't see a problem with that, could be quite a good idea if done correctly, plenty of space and buildings. 

Anyone remember the LEA pool on Ross Road back in the day, when that was used for schools.

Certainly do Biomech!!

I had a near death experience involving a rubber ring with a slow puncture......it's an episode in my life that I still find difficult to talk about.....!!

Oh, the trauma! I only ever trusted armbands after that, mind you, at 43 I find people do stare a bit these days!!

When I'm on the train (frequently) I'm amazed at the sheer number of trampolines in peoples back gardens! I'd say 90% looked like they were used once ... ie clapped out and forgotten ... Falling apart and just an eyesore! 

I had a near death experience involving a rubber ring with a slow puncture

Funnily enough, I was deliberately drowned by a fellow pupil at the LEA pool. Needless to say, there was quite the **** storm with the school.

When I'm on the train (frequently) I'm amazed at the sheer number of trampolines in peoples back gardens!

Roger, you have no idea

https://goo.gl/maps/f3YNW