Community Action Day Saturday 15 October 2016

Tracy Bowes

Hi

The Parish Council will be holding a Community Action Day in Belmont on Saturday 15th October 2016 from 10.30 am. The aim is to get as many volunteers as possible to try and help with jobs around the parish, including Jubilee Field and public paths.  There was a similar event earlier in the year and I ended up spending a considerable amount of time helping to clear a large area of brook with another volunteer!!

I am sure the Parish Council will be putting up posters with more detail in the near future, but I wanted to give people advance warning, to save the date :)

I think it is a really good opportunity for the community to come together and improve/make a difference to some of our public areas. 

If you know an area with Belmont Rural that you think might benefit from some work, (please remember it will be for a few hours and will be worked by volunteers), please let me know and I can pass on the information to the Parish Council.

It would be fantastic to see lots of volunteers and I believe there is even a free BBQ for those that help.

See you there.

hi

Thank you for the quick response. I have already raised issues about the brooks with BBLP and they have done some cutting back at the brook by the Three Counties Hotel but I believe there is more needed and I am meeting them again to discuss. I believe it is a health and safety issue as people do not realise under all of that grass is actually a brook and children could get hurt.

I have already raised the issue with the trolley and other debris and there has been a ticket raised to clear that. I even emailed them a photograph of the trolley so there was no confusion.   I chased again on Friday and will be speaking to the locality steward again later.

I have also reported another trolley in the brook at the end of Belmont Rural ward on the entrance to Hunderton which was reported to me.

But I will pass on the comments about overgrown brambles to the Parish Council and see if they can consider this for the action day.

Kind regards

Tracy