Freedom Church Planning for Banners & Signs Refused

Bill Thomas

Not quite. This has been covered extensively in another thread. Four out of the 12 signs applied for were approved, 8 were refused (yes there were 12, not 11 as the application stated). Those pictured above have been refused. You might wonder how the second one has been there for 18 months or so without planning permission ...

As I have said and twowheelsgood has also stated this was discussed in another thread, these signs were put up without waiting for  planning approval and has never been told to be removed. As I said previously it does help that 3 or 5 of the Conservatives are from this church, and also on the planning committee. planning rules have been changed in the past three years a councillor (or councillors) can now speak for up to three minutes on their own application but cannot vote on the application, but their words can be influential to their own political group, and as more Conservative councillors sit on the planning committee I had seen things that should not have been passed voted for, because the Conservatives have the majority vote.