Everyone happy now Royal Mail has been sold?

megilleland

Royal Mail soared by more than £1 billion in value during a storming first day of trading, netting big profits for investors but prompting accusations that the Government sold it too cheaply.

Nearly 700,000 small investors saw their stakes increase by around £280 as the price closed up more than a third at 455p, while around 150,000 postal workers could be sitting on stakes worth more than £3,000.

But amid the flotation fever in the City, ministers were facing accusations that financiers have been allowed to profit from public assets being sold off cheaply.

By undervaluing Royal Mail by more than £1 billion this government is as inept as our local council when it comes to dealing with finances. How much money and land have they handed over to developers over the last years?

lol I saw this on a panel show earlier - I can never tell if what I see on those is current as they are repeated so often.

The one guy said, and I agree, if share prices rocketed, then it's valuable and worth something, if it's valuable and worth something - why are selling it?