Timber Dumped! Newton Farm

megilleland

There is a load of timber which has been dumped behind the electric sub station which I reported to the council a few weeks ago, but nothing has been done so far. On Monday I asked some Amey operatives who were emptying the waste bins in the street if they would move it, but they said it would be Herefordshire Housing's responsibility. Herefordshire Housing estate manager obviously doesn't do a regular walkabout otherwise he would have seen this. This is the rubbish the kids are throwing around every day.

rubbish1.jpg

rubbish2.jpg

rubbish3f.jpg

rubbish4.jpg

There is a load of timber which has been dumped behind the electric sub station which I reported to the council a few weeks ago, but nothing has been done so far. On Monday I asked some Amey operatives who were emptying the waste bins in the street if they would move it, but they said it would be Herefordshire Housing's responsibility. Herefordshire Housing estate manager obviously doesn't do a regular walkabout otherwise he would have seen this. This is the rubbish the kids are throwing around every day.

rubbish1.jpg

I have contacted Herefordshire Housing this morning asking for this rubbish to be remove asap.

rubbish2.jpg

rubbish3f.jpg

rubbish4.jpg

I didn't think I was hijacking Mick's post. The only reason for putting this post here was to highlight the rubbish that lies around this estate that never gets picked up for weeks. The kids use this rubbish as missiles and chuck it around all over the place and on top of the garages. I am surprised that no one has tried to start a fire with this timber. I would have picked it up myself, but I have already got enough rubbish in my garden that I pick up every Sunday morning. As I have said before litter and fly tipping on the estates creates an air of neglect which attracts further rubbish and then things begin to look run down.

I didn't think I was hijacking Mick's post. The only reason for putting this post here was to highlight the rubbish that lies around this estate that never gets picked up for weeks. The kids use this rubbish as missiles and chuck it around all over the place and on top of the garages. I am surprised that no one has tried to start a fire with this timber. I would have picked it up myself, but I have already got enough rubbish in my garden that I pick up every Sunday morning. As I have said before litter and fly tipping on the estates creates an air of neglect which attracts further rubbish and then things begin to look run down.

No worries but I still think it needed to be a separate topic. What I don't want us seeing is a topic discussing stone throwing end up being a topic about wood being dumped, although I completely agree with what you say about these items being used as missiles, it is actually going off the original topic.

Some more fly tipped scrap metal appeared over this weekend to add to the existing rubbish reported above.

mh4q.jpg

As I have said before litter and fly tipping on the estates creates an air of neglect which attracts further rubbish and then things begin to look run down. Am I repeating myself?

Hello Glenda. I spoke to the council today about the latest rubbish dumped as it is on the open space at the bottom of Bredwardine Close. Also notice that some of the wood has now been thrown over the wall of the electric sub-station. So it now looks that because the rubbish couldn't be picked when reported there are now three bodies involved ie Herefordshire Council, Herefordshire Housing and maybe the electricity board.

The metal garden shed has been removed by some tinkers. However the rest of the rubbish is still there. Coming up for one month with no action. I did call in at Herefordshire Housing and tell them and they acknowledged that they were looking into it.