What A Joke! It's No Wonder There Is So Much Fly Tipping

Colin James

I drove to the tip earlier in my company car (back is kitted out with samle ceramic tile boards)with 5 bags of old kids toys and a bag of garden grass waste. I was told this is trade waste and I need to pay or collect a permit from the council. I explained and showed the man that this is household waste, but he refused to let me in. There was a car there with about 20 full bags of rubbish, but because he was in an estate car (which was actually bigger than my car)he was allowed through??

I came hom and phoned the council, they said we will put you through to waste department, eventually I got through to the council offices in Bromyard? I asked the woman if she could give me th number to the Oval offices, she explained that she did not know of this office and suggested that I call the swithboard again. I again called the swichboard and explained what had happened and again asked for the waste department, this time I was put through to planning! :Angry_32: the guy explained that he knew a lot about waste, so I asked him how I go about getting a permit, he said I needed to go to Garrick House (City Centre) but I needed to take the vehicle registration doucuments?? I explained that this was a company car and that I did not have the documents, then he said that I needed to provide a letter from my company explaining that I had permission to use the vehicle and it was ok to use it to drop off waste, what the hell has that got to do with the council?? I have decided that I will leave all the rubbish on the street and the bin men can take it on Monday and if they refuse it will stay there!! what a joke! It's no wonder that all this fly tipping happens, the council do not make it easy for you do they.

I cannot be the only person that has a pickup. images.jpg

I drove to the tip earlier in my company car (back is kitted out with samle ceramic tile boards)with 5 bags of old kids toys and a bag of garden grass waste. I was told this is trade waste and I need to pay or collect a permit from the council. I explained and showed the man that this is household waste, but he refused to let me in. There was a car there with about 20 full bags of rubbish, but because he was in an estate car (which was actually bigger than my car)he was allowed through??

I came hom and phoned the council, they said we will put you through to waste department, eventually I got through to the council offices in Bromyard? I asked the woman if she could give me th number to the Oval offices, she explained that she did not know of this office and suggested that I call the swithboard again. I again called the swichboard and explained what had happened and again asked for the waste department, this time I was put through to planning! :Angry_32: the guy explained that he knew a lot about waste, so I asked him how I go about getting a permit, he said I needed to go to Garrick House (City Centre) but I needed to take the vehicle registration doucuments?? I explained that this was a company car and that I did not have the documents, then he said that I needed to provide a letter from my company explaining that I had permission to use the vehicle and it was ok to use it to drop off waste, what the hell has that got to do with the council?? I have decided that I will leave all the rubbish on the street and the bin men can take it on Monday and if they refuse it will stay there!! what a joke! It's no wonder that all this fly tipping happens, the council do not make it easy for you do they.

I cannot be the only person that has a pickup. post-2-13302954685874_thumb.png

Colin, I spoke to the officer about this after you rang me, he said he would contact you as I requested, hope you received a satisfactory reply. i would advise you obtain a FREE permit from Garrick House you should not encounter any further poblems then.

Glenda, yes he did call me but gave me the same answer, explaining that it was not ideal. What a pain to be honest, the council do not make it easy. Best part was tat there were bigger vans than my car at the tip and because they had windows they were allowed in. They had 3 times more waste than me. :Thumbs-Down:

Glenda, yes he did call me but gave me the same answer, explaining that it was not ideal. What a pain o be honest, the council do not make it easy. Best part was tat there were bigger vans than my car at the tip and because they had windows they were allowed in. They had 3 times ore waste than me. :Thumbs-Down:

I already told him that he said he would investigate it!

• 2 months later...