Tesco Belmont Planning Application

Frank Smith

Ref: DMS/102577/F

Site: Tesco Stores Limited, Abbotsmead Road, Belmont

Development: Proposed expansion of existing bulk storage area

Comments: Plans have been circulated. Members had several comments and recommended refusal on the grounds that the development would have an adverse impact on neighbouring properties. Full details of the objections raised are on the letter, a copy of which has been provided to Members.

Comments: Plans have been circulated. Members had several comments and recommended refusal on the grounds that the development would have an adverse impact on neighbouring properties. Full details of the objections raised are on the letter, a copy of which has been provided to Members.

Hasn't this been approved by the council on 6th January? See here.

I noticed you have quoted an extract from Belmont Rural Parish Council minutes which records BRPCs observations on a planning application submitted to Herefordshire Council. I'm not sure of the significance of quoting this extract? Do you have a query on the comments made by BRPC?

Parish Council's have a statutory right to be consulted on planning applications which fall within the parish or are near the boundary of neighbouring parishes. Ultimate responsibility for planning within Herefordshire rests with Herefordshire Council's planning department and BRPC have submitted observations Herefordshire Council on this application.

For the record, Herefordshire Council has now approved the application, with certain conditions imposed.

I noticed you have quoted an extract from Belmont Rural Parish Council minutes which records BRPCs observations on a planning application submitted to Herefordshire Council. I'm not sure of the significance of quoting this extract? Do you have a query on the comments made by BRPC?

Parish Council's have a statutory right to be consulted on planning applications which fall within the parish or are near the boundary of neighbouring parishes. Ultimate responsibility for planning within Herefordshire rests with Herefordshire Council's planning department and BRPC have submitted observations Herefordshire Council on this application.

For the record, Herefordshire Council has now approved the application, with certain conditions imposed.

No query from me, just making the members here aware of the application.

No query from me, just making the members here aware of the application.

There is a very good website that lists all planning applications and has copies of all supporting documents. www.ukplanning.com can be very useful if you're interested in any particular application or want to track an application's progress and result. You need to search for Herefordshire Council applications and can then search by postcode, partial postcode, address or application number and by searching by partial postcode you can see all the applications in the immediate area. Much quicker and easier than heading off to the Council Planning Offices.

There is a very good website that lists all planning applications and has copies of all supporting documents. www.ukplanning.com can be very useful if you're interested in any particular application or want to track an application's progress and result. You need to search for Herefordshire Council applications and can then search by postcode, partial postcode, address or application number and by searching by partial postcode you can see all the applications in the immediate area. Much quicker and easier than heading off to the Council Planning Offices.

Thank you for explaining where to locate planning applications and the various sources too. I am aware of all the sources that you have listed. I have posted these on Belmont Voice in the planning forum as another source and reference for our members.

Where did you find the Parish Meeting Minutes, I cannot find them on the net.

As it would be handy to see what is going on.

I got them from the Belmont Rural website, but I think maybe the admin could start put a copy on here perhaps for our members.

I think it would just be a case of the secretary sending a copy email?