Another year over and what have the Council achieved

Aylestone Voice

OK I may be a bit biased!

Not delivered 

Transport Hub at the Station - how difficult is it?

Not fixed the road to Fownhope

Not fixed the path by the Old Bridge

Still paying for scaffolding at Fryers Court - how many years now

Thousands paid out to consultants 

Still no realistic prospect of the cycle lane in St Owens Street

Wasted money on cycle lanes in Commercial Road

Roads very poor - e.g. Folly Lane and and Eign Road

Effectively ripped up the Core Strategy

Still not building more houses by the Link Road

Blueschool Street/Newmarket Street still open to all vehicles - link road was meant to divert north=south traffic from them

Delivered

Please help with this!!

Am happy to be corrected on the above

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone else sick & tired with most of the traffic lights being on a generic timer?
Money needs to be spent on a complete update of traffic signals and removal of ones that do nothing but stuff the traffic up ie Newmarket Rounfabout.
And why the box junction that was painted in error on the right turn into Widemarsh St still not been removed is beyond me.Have lost count of the times I have reported it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well as I understand it the route is a public bridleway and the Council have the responsibility to keep it open for use. The only message that this prolonged closure sends out like in so many other areas is that the Council cannot be bothered. After all it is not really a major route for residents and tourists is it?

2 hours ago, Aylestone Voice said:

Well as I understand it the route is a public bridleway and the Council have the responsibility to keep it open for use. The only message that this prolonged closure sends out like in so many other areas is that the Council cannot be bothered. After all it is not really a major route for residents and tourists is it?

This particular section that needs repair from our understanding has something do do with the cellars that run underneath, which is the responsibility of the pub landlord.

14 hours ago, Aylestone Voice said:

Its like all the graffiti in and around the City.Herefordshire Council can contact owners of property that they don't own and give them three weeks notice to remove it.If not they can have it removed and send the bill to the property owners.
Sick & tired of the incompetence of this Council.