Bigger fish to fry......

Jrtb

I have just submitted my thoughts on the cycle lane in Commercial Road Hereford and while I have been sat here entering my thoughts onto this site 2 bicycles have passed me again..... one with no lights in the cycle lane..... so he nearly got it right  just no lights  it's and one with lights but on the pavement..... plus two lads wearing dark clothes at 9:30 at night skateboarding game the cycle lanes where are the police...... how long will it be before one of these idiots is riding down the cycle lane with no lights and gets a car door opened on them...... this town is going to pot.......

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jrtb said:

I have just submitted my thoughts on the cycle lane in Commercial Road Hereford and while I have been sat here entering my thoughts onto this site 2 bicycles have passed me again..... one with no lights in the cycle lane..... so he nearly got it right  just no lights  it's and one with lights but on the pavement..... plus two lads wearing dark clothes at 9:30 at night skateboarding game the cycle lanes where are the police...... how long will it be before one of these idiots is riding down the cycle lane with no lights and gets a car door opened on them...... this town is going to pot.......

I see people riding bikes on footpaths all the time, I also see many cyclists ignoring traffic lights and nothing is ever done about it. Police are quick to jump on the motorists, cyclists are also road users and in my opinion should also be insured.

Oh! you are so right. Cyclists are demon lawbreakers.

Presumably it is only the (useless/pointless) cycle lane that allows cyclists to now travel along Commercial Road and that before it was marked up there was no danger to cyclists from drivers opening their car doors.  IIRC the Highway Code requires drivers to check before they open their car doors onto the carriageway. 

Yes there are cyclists who ignore the rules

But what about the car drivers who - park on double yellow lines, run red traffic lights, ignore no entry signs, exceed the speed limit and race around car parks.

What is needed in Commercial Road is a dedicated cycle lane with the car parking totally removed

I had though about responding to Mr Jrtb's comments, but they were just an anti-cycling rants and, in the spirit of Colin's message that we should all be nice to each other, decided to leave it. However, as a cyclist and a motorist, I'm clear that I see far, far more bad and illegal driving than I do cycling, the social and physical cost of which is immense. As for compulsory insurance, it's never going to happen, it would be impossible to implement. I do however carry insurance as a cyclist for my own protection from the terrible driving I encounter and which potentially endangers my life on every ride.

No you couldn't be more wrong actually my friend ....it is not a cycling rant in any way shape or form it is a fact of what my own eyes have seen and witnessed ..how is that a cycling rant please explain?.... I wasn't shouting nonsense from the rooftops I was just pointing out a structured conversation what is happening with people with no lights on bikes... people still riding on the pavement... if you think it's  a defence by saying cycling rant then that is your opinion but it does not excuse the fact of what is happening it just doesn't... so you tell me how does somebody address this problem without somebody trying to shut them down straight away and defend what's happening by saying cycle rant?? I think it's a rather childish response on your part.... as if you are a cyclist surely you would be interested in a minority making it bad press for a majority and that's not a rant that's a fact

Aylestone voice are you bonkers.....you say (What is needed in Commercial Road is a dedicated cycle lane with the car parking totally removed)????????....have you any idea what chaos that would cause? how would disabled people be able to get to a shop in that road without being able to park??? How would vehicles be able to park to drop off deliveries and pick up deliveries......

I think you seem to forget the council are not going to stop cars parking in town they make too much revenue from parking fines if there's less cars there's less Revenue it's not rocket science..... wouldn't it be bizarre if they stopped parking cars where you've mentioned  and you had a heavy parcel to pick up and weren't allowed to stop to pick it up?.... I'm sure you'd love that.... karma springs to mind

It's not a problem to pick a parcel up in High Town you go into the back of maylords for a majority of the shops..... and pick up your deliveries at the back if need be... you can even take your vehicle into High Town to pick up parcels I have done that myself... if Commercial Road is a no parking zone as you suggested there is no back entrances to pick parcels up for a majority of the shops..so yep bonkers is right