Glastonbury Close Fly Tipping!

Colin James

I had a look in the open space at the bottom of Glastonbury Close today and was amazed to see that the people who live at the back of this fence (Golden Post) have cut their tree's and then dumped all the waste in the field!!

This is the culprit! as you can see they have cut their trees

mess1.png

mess2.png

Now they have just dumped it

mess3.png

mess4.png

It looks a right mess and it would be unfair to ask Amey to clean up this, so can someone from the council knock on the door and ask them to clean it all up please. This is clearly fly tipping, not the brightest persons as it is obvious who is responsible.

I had a look in the open space at the bottom of Glastonbury Close today and was amazed to see that the people who live at the back of this fence (Golden Post) have cut their tree's and then dumped all the waste in the field!!

This is the culprit! as you can see they have cut their trees

post-2-13302954517696_thumb.jpg

Now they have just dumped it

It looks a right mess and it would be unfair to ask Amey to clean up this, so can someone from the council knock on the door and ask them to clean it all up please. This is clearly fly tipping, not the brightest persons as it is obvious who is responsible.

:Thumbs-Down:

I have called Herefordshire Housing and they are sending a officer to see it this afternoon, I have ask for the officer to contact me so that we can inspect the fly tipping together. The tenant will be billed for Herefordshire housing having to remove the tree, and possibly find for fly tipping.

Now that is what I call fast action!! Thank you councillor :Happy_32:

Thank you for speaking with the Herefordshire Housing officer and I when we called 30 minutes ago. Having looked at the property it is in private ownership, I have now left a message for Craig Sandman to call me regarding the fly tipping he is the Enforcement Officer for the Community Protection Team, he will call on the householder and tell them to remove the tree out of the brook with a distinct possibility of the householder being prosecuted.

Thank you for speaking with the Herefordshire Housing officer and I when we called 30 minutes ago. Having looked at the property it is in private ownership, I have now left a message for Craig Sandman to call me regarding the fly tipping he is the Enforcement Officer for the Community Protection Team, he will call on the householder and tell them to remove the tree out of the brook with a distinct possibility of the householder being prosecuted.

Excellent response, and they officer you had with you was very helpful, thank you :Happy_32: Lets hope this is cleared up asap.

I am amazed, the person doing this has now dumped even more!! using a plank in order to transport the rubbish

:Thumbs-Down:

I have this morning spoken with Craig Sandman and Shane Hancocks about this, have given them the homeowners name and address whilst advising them that I want this man prosecuted for fly tipping.

Somebody must have called on them as they cleared 90% of it up yesterday and they had a chopping machine for all the branches which is good, still does not change the fact that they dumped it all originally, so will anything happen now? I personally think that they should be prosecuted.

Somebody must have called on them as they cleared 90% of it up yesterday and they had a chopping machine for all the branches which is good, still does not change the fact that they dumped it all originally, so will anything happen now? I personally think that they should be prosecuted.

I am pleased that they were obviously contacted by the enforcement officer, I know he was out all Friday afternoon. I was speaking to Shane Hancock in town on Friday morning and he said that if they had a name and address they would be prosecuted as a deterrent to anyone else doing it.I told him to look on BV for the evidence.

I am pleased that they were obviously contacted by the enforcement officer, I know he was out all Friday afternoon. I was speaking to Shane Hancock in town on Friday morning and he said that if they had a name and address they would be prosecuted as a deterrent to anyone else doing it.I told him to look on BV for the evidence.

Can they not get in contact with the owner? electoral roll perhaps as if he enforcement officer had not called on them, they would of clearly just left this there.

I had a conversation this morning with Cllr Powell who informed me that the enforcement officer (Bethon Fortey) would be calling here today to see if the culprit for this mess had cleared it up.

Bethon has just called and we walked over together, all of the garden waste has be removed, and unfortunately there is not a lot else that can be done in the way of prosecution as it is very difficult to prove. Even though I am witness to this tipping and we have photographic evidence, Bethon informs me that she was following the advice from her supervisor.

She was very helpful and understanding, so thank you Bethon for attending so promptly. :Happy_32:

At least it is now clear of rubbish and hopefully the culprit has learned a lesson at the very least.

It would help if Amey cut back all the overgrown weeds as this only encourages people to add more waste. They usually cut the grass but fall short of completing the job.

Can they not get in contact with the owner? electoral roll perhaps as if he enforcement officer had not called on them, they would of clearly just left this there.

As I requested the environment enforcement team have got in touch with the owner, they have given him until today to clear the tree and all he has dumped in the brook and embankment, the enforcement officer will be going to Glastonbury Close this afternoon to see if he has done this, otherwise the owner will be called into their office for a formal interview under cautioned for fly tipping offense.

As I requested the environment enforcement team have got in touch with the owner, they have given him until today to clear the tree and all he has dumped in the brook and embankment, the enforcement officer will be going to Glastonbury Close this afternoon to see if he has done this, otherwise the owner will be called into their office for a formal interview under cautioned for fly tipping offense.

Read the post above yours, looks like it's all been done. well done to all for the swift action against this person