Brexit Party selects general election candidate for Hereford

megilleland

Brexit Party selects general election candidate for Hereford

From The Hereford Times today:

THE Brexit Party has chosen Matt Slocombe as their prospective parliamentary candidate for the Hereford and South Herefordshire constituency for the next general election.

Matt, who runs the Crown Inn at Woolhope, said he had to get involved in politics after the UK Government failed to deliver on the EU referendum result to leave the European Union earlier this year.

He is hoping to overturn incumbent Conservative Party MP Jesse Norman’s 15,013 majority.

Matt says there is a real disconnect between the electorate and the country’s MPs. He also believes the civil service needs an overhaul.

“I had to get involved; when our broken Parliament, dithering Government and ineffective opposition failed to deliver on the largest single vote in our history,” he said.

“I am a publican, not a politician, but I could not let the biggest betrayal by our elected representatives go unchecked.

“Democracy must be enacted. The disconnect between the electorate and the elected is palpable, so many people in this county want things to change.

“Our civil service needs immediate overhaul. When high ranking officials and MP’s collude with others to scupper the negotiations of your country then something is very, very wrong.

“We have businesses that lead the way in rural innovation and as a agricultural County we will have a huge opportunity operating free from the shackles of the EU.

“I am delighted to have been asked by the Brexit Party to stand as the PPC for Hereford and Herefordshire South.

“I never stop promoting Herefordshire, its people and its produce.

“I have been proud to serve Herefordians for two decades, now let me do it from Westminster.”

During the EU referendum in 2016, 59.2% of Herefordshire voters backed Leave while 40.8% voted Remain.

With the current mess fermenting daily the need to clear out the parliamentary remainers has never been so urgent. As The Slog says in his latest post:

Nobody but nobody is more at risk than Britain in this situation. But even if Boris “wins”, bad Parliamentary precedents are being set, we wll have a Speaker who should be locked up, and the KKK Wing of the United Ideologues against Liberty will continue their evil work of trying to block or destabilise everything Britain does or tries. We’ll continue in turn to have no Constitution, and a police force we can no longer trust to do anything except protect the sclerotic organs of the State.

Doesn't look bright does it?

I've previously gone on record to say that I will never vote for Jesse Norman in any future Election. He has made himself too invisible over Brexit. Keeping a low profile so as not to upset anyone is his tactic. In my opinion. Well ... It upset me. And has done so for a very long time. 

Any future GE may not feature a Brexit Candidate in Hereford. It's all up in the air. Depending on the outcome of the next two months of political chess games. 

I anticipate I will not cast a vote in the next GE. At the moment! 

The Brexit Party, and their future, might evaporate under a 'no deal' outcome. My gut feeling is that there will be a fudge deal/unacceptable deal conjured up. Any half baked deal would empower the Brexit Party even more I would have thought. But this is all 'up in the air' stuff. I agree with Boris tho. If you rule out 'no deal' [or are forced to rule it out by Remainer MP's] then we have to accept some sort of deal. Which will be the worst possible deal for the UK. Any idiot can see that! Or it will be a 50 year extension of Article 50.