Shop Front Eyesore to be Changed

Hereford Voice

The controversial bright yellow and pink shop front colours along Widemarsh Street in Hereford have been approved and the current colours are to be changed inline with current planning conditions.

Planning application details: 

Proposed Non-Illuminated Fascia and Projecting Sign (and repainting ofshopfront with black panels to match stallriser)

This is how to U Break We Fix store currently looks

1801348989_Phoneshop2.thumb.jpg.3053c4adeb185eab8cf8636139e363ef.jpg

The new colours below are more inline with current planning regulations.

Phoneshop.thumb.jpg.f26409337a8791494d3032a067a2cbf6.jpg

Application P191115/A

4 hours ago, Hereford Voice said:

The controversial bright yellow and pink shop front colours along Widemarsh Street in Hereford have been approved

This should say have NOT been approved. The colour scheme has been toned down and approved as below (no yellow and predominantly black pilasters now). No listed building consent has been granted for the projecting sign. Unfortunately, this is yet another case of simply ignoring common law until such time as enough people complain that the Council then have to do something about it. Generally, I’m seeing development going up all over the place that doesn’t have permission - all symptomatic of the sense of entitlement that pervades society perhaps. 

I understand that planning enforcement was due to take place about the hideous Marmaris Kebab shopfront in Union Street in April of this year but nothing seems to be moving.

Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 2.17.53 pm.JPG

TWG says "Generally, I’m seeing development going up all over the place that doesn’t have permission" yes indeed a classic example of this is the 150 house development in Kingstone. Last official document issued to the developer was 16th May 2019 that they are building without full planning permission. This document can be viewed on the Planning website so nothing slanderous being reported by me! 

No doubt many of you have now read or even seen first hand that the road that the developer was digging up to put the drains in has collapsed resulting in the road being fully closed for many many weeks to come.   Traffic is being diverted along a C road without pavements and has now been rendered truly dangerous to walk along.

HGV's are diverted along Stoney Street and out to Locks using the again very narrow and totally unsuitable road.

If anybody is interested in writing a book this pa from conception would make truly interesting reading.

God help us when the straw and potatoes starts being hauled - it will be total chaos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not the farmers fault but the lack of prethought when thinking that these country roads can take these large developments - they can't!