GLENDA POWELL PUTS OTHERS TO SHAME

lpusseycat

Sadly Glenda Powell is no longer a counciller she is missed by so many, has anyone seen seen there local representative on the streets talking to the people like Glenda or getting a knock on the door when she posted her regular newsletter her door was open to anyone at anytime. I have seen her with the highways people on the street making sure things get done and very swiftly done most of the time.Look what we have lost people she worked tirelessly on peoples behalf no problem was too small for her to act on our behalf. You do not realise what you have until it has gone and she is still helping people out now as i write ,Why because she cares about the community and the people in it and has worked many many unpaid hours for the community. The reason she still helps people today is she still has her website the notice board in her garden and because people have no connection with there local representatives because you only see them when it is election time and nothing else. You know with Glenda pick up the phone call around her home email her , you know some action will be taken and you got the feedback from her.There was Glenda most days seen on the streets of Newton farm first words out of her mouth how are you is everything alright .I do not see any of the above in the current elected bunch that is why Glenda is a peoples person not a Chamber sleeper.She was suffering from ill health but still kept going and still doing it for nothing now ,you deserve a medal many thanks Glenda for all the help over the years.

i would like to thank both Ipussycat and greenknight on your kind and very much appreciated comments. It has been brought to my notice by many people in Newton Farm that they were told not to vote for me as i was seriously ill and was going to die within six months so their vote would be wasted, by your now councillor, just to clarify I am not seriously ill and as it is nearly 9 months  since the election in May, I am very much alive!!! but thank you for those that did not take any notice and voted for me!.

DILLIGAF, Having got the following info from a reliable source , there is no facility where you can ask for an FOI about a councillor and what he has done for his/her ward. The info I was given is for a group of residents (between 30-40) to write to the councillor themselves and ask for the written info from him. will send you a PM.