St Owen St Traffic Lights

greenknight

Sorry this old chestnut but can anyone tell me if they have noticed a change in the phasing of the traffic lights near the butchers at the St.Owen Street/Bath Street/Mill Street Junction.

I came out of St.Owen Street today and moved over to the right hand side as I was heading towards the Fire Station on the left.

Normally the lights go green with a filter first for the left hand lane only today that was missing. Unfortunately the lack of white line definition these days means that some vehicles new to the area may feel that they can drive on from the left hand side and this was demonstrated today with a non local trade van driving across from the left blasting his horn at all the bemused drivers on the right including me.

Has the phasing changed anyone?

GK: I've previously noticed the the filter phase by the butcher's doesn't actually occur as I use that junction occasionally. I have also seen it come on tho. Has it got a mind of it's own? The google street view photo below is dated Sept. 2014. Arrows seem pretty clear .... 

sos.jpg

I will also add that trying to get out of St. Martins Street to enter the Asda roundabout (to go to Asda) is a fairly hopeless task at busy times. When the light goes green the road in front is full of cars waiting at a red light. Filling the entire space between the light on the left and the end of the yellow box on the right.

sms.jpg

No worries my friend. I think a few of the cities traffic lights have changed, I noticed the ones (that we don't need) halfway down Edgar St have changed timings too.

The ones in Blackfriars street are causing gridlock and tail backs most of the week.What was wrong in putting

a roundabout here?

The ones in Blackfriars street are causing gridlock and tail backs most of the week.What was wrong in putting

a roundabout here?

I agree. The City is swamped with traffic lights. Even more planned for Edgar Street with the new 'road to nowhere' ..... How much more do they want to slow up that A49 ?