Hereford Tops Tax Disc Clamping Charts

Roger

No surprise here after all its rural,very few Police and ANPR cameras which new Policing methods rely on.....well as most are based on major roads and as that's the same roads most locals avoid when they can I'm pretty sure tax free motoring will only increase.

Now where's the red diesel because I've got some mates coming down from Liverpool (back roads of course). They are checking up on their rural business plan and its a smokin investment!

So, some people thought that ignorance of the law is a defence. Get your wallet out, pay the £800 fine, pay the road tax, (or buy a car that does not need any), and be a good citizen like the rest of us. 

As a codicil, why, Roger, are you reading the Daily Fail? You will be subscribing to the Gruinad next!

So, some people thought that ignorance of the law is a defence. Get your wallet out, pay the £800 fine, pay the road tax, (or buy a car that does not need any), and be a good citizen like the rest of us. 

As a codicil, why, Roger, are you reading the Daily Fail? You will be subscribing to the Gruinad next!

Gotta say Slim,s right Roger, and so early in the morning as well!!

I do go on the DM site as it does, usually, have very good pictures uploaded quickly to accompany stuff I'm interested in ~ usually sport. We all know why it gets roundly panned so I won't need to go there .... I obviously go to the Guardian site as it was voted sports website of the year last March. A bit left wing in the news bits but I like to read left and right! In fact I use a multitude of News/Sport websites. The only one I won't use is the sxn. Horrible rag and banned!

Roger,  Lets put this to bed.  The Daily Mail used foreign born reporters to lie about their relationship to claim medical fees. The totally biased left wing BBC reports a government failing. This has been going on for years and will do so whilst we are in the EEC. The amount claimed is small compared to non-bought Road Tax, false housing benefits, false invalid benefits etc. I do not have a problem with "newspapers" outing scams, how ever, don't sensationalise it, and don't, please don't infer that it is the governments fault as these cards were thrust upon us by Brussels. Not having a go at you, or Colin but maybe put it in perspective.  Colin, interesting point on putting more tax on the fuel to charge the higher mileage drivers more. How do we charge the non tax cars, they use the roads as well, but a good idea if an equal tax is made across the board.

I actually agree with the concept of higher charges for those car drivers who use the road more and I guess I'm one and so is Colin.Some private Companies and perhaps public organizations insist on representatives getting out there and turning the key or perhaps pushing the button when so many trips are unnecessary. I am saddened by the change in policy and this purely based on a loss of revenue.