Grass cutting

Slim

After slating the Council and Balfour Beatty last year, I would like to say that within the last week I have nothing but admiration for the immaculate looking grass verges, play spaces and community parks between Bobblestock and Widemarsh Common. A job well done gentlemen. Thank you.

This lunchtime Mrs Ubique and I were set up in an FOP at the Monument Public House . We were in a position to observe the Whitecross Roundabout , we were also able to enjoy our drinks , mine a super pint of Abbot Ale and Mrs U a very nice glass of Shiraz .

During our observations of the Whitecross Traffic Island we saw a BB employee riding a sit on mower ( We presume BB latest purchase ) cutting the grass around the island , every now and then the driver dismounted and picked up non grass items , paper , card ,drink cans etc. prior to driving the mower over the grass .

We have criticised BB previously but what I saw today proved to us that BB are perhaps trying to get their house in order , it's really quite simple- so well done to the ride on mower driver working on Whitecross Traffic Island today about 1400 hrs. Thank you .

Some people are up at the top end of Churchill Gardens this morning cutting some grass. They are in two unmarked white pick up trucks so they may be sub-contractors? 

At any rate there seems to be 3 fella's with strimmers' and another on a ride on mower. Generating a lot of noise ... but very little grass being cut ... Wrong ratio of tools I think. But it is quite lumpy up here (due to years of neglect) so maybe that's the reason. 

After slating the Council and Balfour Beatty last year, I would like to say that within the last week I have nothing but admiration for the immaculate looking grass verges, play spaces and community parks between Bobblestock and Widemarsh Common. A job well done gentlemen. Thank you.

Credit where credit is due, fair play.

There has always been a problem with Abbeyfields in Belmont because it is the landfill site and the membrain was never thick enough, it is now come to the surface in places so special cutters will have to be used so as not to break the membrain, otherwise there would be bigger problems to contend with. Get in touch with the parish council clerk Liz Kelso and report the problem to her. You could also go to the next parish council meeting next month and bring it to their attention.