Herefordshire Council contractors caught fly tipping

Guest smartieno1

• Guests
Guest smartieno1

Let's just be clear about this...I was told by the house-holder that it was fly-tipping and from a legal point of view it was...if I had done that I'm sure none of you would be making excuses for me..

Oh and they put the bags in the garden and left the wheelie bins out on the pavement causing an obstruction....

As for any of your other comments and cheap shots at me...1/10 for effort try harder guys x

Let's just be clear about this...I was told by the house-holder that it was fly-tipping and from a legal point of view it was...if I had done that I'm sure none of you would be making excuses for me..

Oh and they put the bags in the garden and left the wheelie bins out on the pavement causing an obstruction....

As for any of your other comments and cheap shots at me...1/10 for effort try harder guys x

Phil's way or the highway as usual.

I don't see any of the comments as cheap shots at you smartieno1, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but it is becoming more and more apparent that you find it difficult to deal with people that disagree with you. 

Dear smartieno1, I know you directed your response to H.Wilson but I would just like to add my view and that is I think long term wheelie bins have to save money. I was spending on average just under £3.50 every couple of months on black bags, yes you can buy cheaper bags but from my experience you only get what you pay for and the cheaper one often split. You can buy a wheelie for less than £30 and I would of thought the the council would of bought them considerably cheaper for bulk, so these bins will pay for themselves in no time. Issues of blocking pavements is a problem hat i believe needs addressing however, this is the same problem that existed with black bags only birds cant damage the bins in the same way as they did with bags, before the bins were introduced we used to have rubbish and waste food on the pavement because of birds and cats breaking the bags open.

On Wirral we've had wheelie bins for 5 years or more. These are on fortnightly collections. We had all the same issues and concerns before they were introduced.

We put our bins out the night before, partially blocking the footway. The binmen return them to the same spot (at least in theory) and the (private) wheelie bin cleaning company follow on, spray it, and return it to your entry / path / garden.

It seems to have settled down and is far better than using bags. One thing worth noting is we used to get 3 bins emptied: domestic rubbish (green); recycling rubbish (grey); garden rubbish (brown). BUT we now have to pay £30 extra per year to have the brown bin emptied.

I would be interested to have it clarified, whether it is the householders responsibility to move wheelie bins back off the pavement, as there are many streets in Whitecross that are becoming increasingly difficult to navigate, because they are left out.

There is a section on the complaints page of the waste section of the council website to report bins not being returned, so I would say it was the binmens duty to return them to the correct place

"Report bin not returned to collection point

- Hide section

The collection crew will return all bins to the boundary of the property or alternative collection point where agreed. However, if your bin has not been returned to your collection point you can tell us by using our online form.

We ask you to set up an account with us to report things like a bin not returned to your collection point - so we know where you live. If you don't have an account yet you can register with us through our online system."

also being asked to put their bins out the night before 

Glenda, according to the Council website this is not true, it specifies that bins must be put out on the day of collection before 6.30am.... 

"You should place your general rubbish and recycling out by 6.30am on the day of your collection"

....and people have been fined for not doing so

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1ASUM_enGB507GB509&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=fined%20for%20putting%20bins%20out%20early