road resurfacing

Since I live up here, I may as well post in here, if anyone will see it is another thing. Roads around here are being resurfaced, about time as some of them are awful.

Not sure what ones, I know Kingsway is being done by the Co-op and up a little bit and I see they are doing some work in Queensway.

Hi Adrian!

Great to see you posting! This is good news, another poster on another thread - I think it was Ragwert - also said that Venns Lane was finally going to be resurfaced.

Let's hope that finally, some proper, permanent repairs are going to be carried out, and not just cheap, temporary ones!

I was up there yesterday ... Total chaos. Queensway and outside the Co-Op being resurfaced. Queensway people had moved their cars to park on College Green by the College Road junction near the blind college. Just a massive jam as the contractors were using that massive machine as big as a combine harvester ... It has to be done but area best avoided until they finish ... 

I know I have just got some roads in Newton Farm resurfaced and it was total chaos for a week, now the Oval regeneration developers  have just closed a second road at the Oval for 6 weeks. What is funny in all this chaos there are signs telling drivers the roads are closed and they are still trying to go down the roads drivers are doing u-turns left right and centre.

I know I have just got some roads in Newton Farm resurfaced and it was total chaos for a week, now the Oval regeneration developers  have just closed a second road at the Oval for 6 weeks. What is funny in all this chaos there are signs telling drivers the roads are closed and they are still trying to go down the roads drivers are doing u-turns left right and centre.

When the area is a side street area then I would fully expect dodging of signs ... If I saw it myself I would probably give it a go if I thought the attempt was workable! ....