Has Anyone Noticed..

Biomech

..How the local radio have more adverts for Cheltenham, Worcester Crown Gate and Gloucester Shopping centers than our own OLM?

I actually got confused the other day, the advert said "visit the new Odeon multiscreen" ... "eat out in one of our new resturanst like Nandos, Prezzos or Zizzi".... oh a advert for the OLM I thought ... "come and visit our new shopping experience at Cheltenham" hah.

So now we have a "cookie cutter" shopping experience just like everywhere else and the local radio is advertising everyone elses more than ours.

There is a "food area" at Gloucester Docks, and the row of restaurants there, are exactly the same as the row of restaurants that we now have at the OLM! It's identical.

I do like Gloucester Docks as a place to visit though - beautiful old buildings, restored and brought back to life, giving them use and purpose once more. It's been done really well.

I think local Commercial radio will run any sort of business advert if you book a slot and pay the appropriate fee ... I suppose the level of Hereford adverts you would hope to expect to hear aren't on because the slots haven't been booked. You don't say what stations these adverts are on tho?

Radio listening is changing tho. People use 'Tunein' a lot which has got 120,000 stations. It enables me to hear Sunshine855 from Ludlow when the FM signal doesn't reach here. I do get irrelevant Shropshire adverts but it goes with the territory I suppose ... 

I think local Commercial radio will run any sort of business advert if you book a slot and pay the appropriate fee ...

Indeed. I guess that the council etc don't think enough of the OLM to advertise it more :P Maybe they spend the advertising budget on Gloucester/Worcester radio for our OLM?

Just seem's a bit stupid opening a shopping centre and then the majority of the advertising telling you to go somewhere else :P

You don't say what stations these adverts are on tho?

Free Radio I imagine, that's what I tend to have on most.

The only exception being Saturday 1.00 - 3.00.........I never miss Tony Blackburn!

I think Tony Blackburn is 74 ... He is all over the radio ... Berkshire Radio is one ... He must love his job! Over all sorts of channels ... !!! I do like his output as I tune in!