Serious Assault Church Street Hereford 14th June 2014

Roger

Police appeal following assault in Hereford

12:56pm Tuesday 8th July 2014 in News

POLICE investigating a serious assault in Hereford want to speak to a group of teenagers who may be able to help them with their enquiries.

A 27-year-old man needed surgery after his jaw was broken in two places after being punched near the Lichfield Vaults pub in Church Street.

The assault happened after he earlier refused to buy the group of six alcohol.

The teenagers are described as being aged 16 or 17 and wearing jeans and trainers.

Anyone with information about the assault that happened at 12.30am on Saturday, June 14 can call police on 101, quoting incident number 425-s-150614.

Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.

Hereford Times

Do wonder why it takes 3 weeks before the West Mercia Police make a public appeal - May be a very good reason but it's not the first time that Press releases/ appeals are made weeks after the incident.

Do wonder why it takes 3 weeks before the West Mercia Police make a public appeal - May be a very good reason but it's not the first time that Press releases/ appeals are made weeks after the incident.

I don't know if the system is still the same now but the system used to rush to create a 'crime report' to beat the ticking clock on the computer. Then it leisurely swam around the computer system for a while before landing in someone's lap. The person who generated the press release (which is nearly over a month after the event) may not have had personal responsibility for the case for very long. 

The Crime Reporting System doesn't appear to be very efficient - thinking that if , as you say it swims around the computer system and eventually is allocated to an Investigator sometime after the incident occurred is , to my mind poor service - I accept fully that some reported crimes will never be detected so should not be investigated , only recorded for Insurance purposes. Others like this one could be detected if publicity is circulated as soon after the crime has been committed as is possible . 6 youths but it appears only one was the offender so perhaps one of the other 5 will have a conscience and phone Crimestoppers etc. Since three weeks have passed it would have been forgotten by this group as well as by anybody who suspected that this group had been " involved in an assault "

I am aware that " in the old days " a local Reporter would attend a Press Conference t about 0930 each weekday and be briefed by the Duty Insp or Sgt on the previous 24 hours . ( I accept that some incidents were not releases for operational reasons ) . It appears that these meetings have stopped .

I think the system is ultra efficient at 'recording' ... Absolutely crap at investigating tho until you reach the threshold where it's all guns' blazing from the word go ... Probably due to money ... lack of staff ... or whatever ... 

supermel says...

From supermel who posted a comment on the HT

Hereford police i feel sick, you had a 999 call to my son last month, he had been assaulted, none of you responded to that call and the one that done it was there, your going to get drug addicts help , well how about helping me to solve this crime as i am having difficulty living with what has happened ,my son has lost all feeling in one side of his face , and had 3 fractures, how about speeding up your enquiries and bringing the pig that did this to my son to justice ,then help druggies and drunks as much as you wish, this happened in a Hereford pub unprovoked attack and this is the second attack that i know of as one was in this paper last week, and all i want is to see justice done, never mind druggies and drunks you need to concentrate on the despicable crimes like this that are becoming more popular in Hereford , put extra man power into helping us law abiding citizens go out without living in fear,the response from the police for that night was we were busy ,well how come , extra man power to get druggies help, and arrest drunks, from a very sad mother,