Roadworks

Biomech

Although roads and pavements are treated as Highways, they have different work schedular and it is a coincidence that so many pavements being repaired at same time as roads. That said RossRoad pavement belongs to HA. I hope they will not leave the surface near the Hinton Community Centre in the state it is in now! I have never had a complaint about this pavement, it is further up, other side of traffic lights that need repair.

Can someone (councillors?) explain to me why there's a lot of disruption to the roads so that the pavements can be replaced when the roads are in a much worst state?

I'm sure this is part of the project to fully repair/resurface the whole stretch of road between Ross and Hereford that included all the new safety measures.

I can also see that a lot of resurfacing has or is being done and hope that this extra money we have been given will not be swallowed up by Balfour Beatty as

there are still a lot of roads that need resurfacing and not just patching up.

But all I'm seeing is the pavements being redone - not the roads. All down Holme Lacy Road, they've had lights and cones out and all that has been done is the pavements - which hardly get used and had nothing wrong with them. They haven't touched the road.

You know how long it took me to get from the Broadleys to Asda last night? 20 minutes. 20 ******* minutes at 10pm at night. It's beyond a joke.

Why have they let the roads get into such a state, now we have awful roads, more roadworks and even greater disruption,

And they are doing EXACTLY that same with the grass now - leave it all alone and ignore the problem and then when it comes to the crunch, cost more, have more work to do with greater problems.

It's a ******* joke.

But all I'm seeing is the pavements being redone - not the roads. All down Holme Lacy Road, they've had lights and cones out and all that has been done is the pavements - which hardly get used and had nothing wrong with them. They haven't touched the road.

You know how long it took me to get from the Broadleys to Asda last night? 20 minutes. 20 ******* minutes at 10pm at night. It's beyond a joke.

Why have they let the roads get into such a state, now we have awful roads, more roadworks and even greater disruption,

And they are doing EXACTLY that same with the grass now - leave it all alone and ignore the problem and then when it comes to the crunch, cost more, have more work to do with greater problems.

It's a ******* joke.

All road surfaces  from Ross to Hereford have been done except for the pavements.I see they are also installing new drainage,a job that should of been done before the resurfacing.

Yes it's a joke but at least we are actually seeing work being done.

I noticed last night that the road at the bottom of the callow hill has been resurfaced. But that's the only bit on the Ross Road that has been done. Likewise, through Rotherwas it's just the pavements that have been down with the pavements around the petrol station on Ross Road in Hereford being worked on now.

I'm fortunate enough to not have to go out through Hereford much, I honestly don't think I could deal with working in town and having to commute every day. Worst for road quality and traffic I have experienced in the UK. With the exception of Sevenoaks (iirc) for potholes and Bristol center for traffic