Hereford Armed Forces Day - 28 June 2014

Aylestone Voice

• 1 month later...

Mrs Ubiuqe and I are starting off the week , as we have done for the last few years by holding a BBQ this evening and a Curry Lunch tomorrow for 15 men I served with as Boy Soldiers at Bradbury Lines , Hereford between January 1957 and April 1959 , we then scattered all over the World as Regulars . Of course , their wives and partners are coming too - so it's busy but very enjoyable weekend , sandbags will be pulled up into a circle and stories told , in the main starting with " Do you remember when .......?

Happy Days ( most of the time ! )

Note that the Flag Raising On Monday has not yet made the HT - am I surprised NO . I do not believe that the HT have any interest in reporting matters relating to the Armed Forces - and I believe that this is because nobody from the paper has any knowledge of the Armed Forces . In Hereford we have one of the best Regiments in the world so HT wake up , taste the coffee and support our Forces.

If the HT have no knowledge of the Forces I suggest that they find a knowledgable ex SF and pay him a retained !

I have emailed the Editor of the HT with the above .

Hey Dippy , yes the weekend went very well -only just recovered . Paper plates , all recycled .Brought to much beer and wine but ,Hey Ho I guess it will be drunk in the fullness of time !!

Re Armed Forces Day , I am on a Military Charity Stand 1000 to 1200 if you are passing.

Oh I see. I get it now.

I'm guessing you'd like a sticky bun bought in as well would you????

That's fine....I am free and easy on the sticky bun front.....just one problem.....I'd have no clue who to give it to!!!!!!

I shall bring extra, just in case!!

I will be there wearing a red carnation in my button hole ( if they are in season ) and carrying a rolled copy of the Daily Telegraph , probably yesterday's from the recycling bin , I am sure that Aylestone Voice will give you a clue !

Aylestone Voice, you'll need to be holding up a sign saying:

"Waiting patiently for a sticky bun!"

You may stand a chance of receiving one then!

Ubique, I shall have to take aim, and throw your sticky bun at you! Anything floral at the moment sends my hayfever off the scale!!