Two Police Officers Sacked!

Colin James

TWO women police officers, dismissed for gross misconduct after producing deliberately inaccurate witness statements, wont be facing criminal charges!

fired.png Police Woman.png 

At the conclusion of an internal hearing, the Hereford officers were dismissed without notice for behaviour amounting to gross misconduct.

Now if this was anyone else other than a police officer do you think there would be charges??

Full HT article

There may be very good reasons why they were not prosecuted - wondering how many prosecutions of possibliy guilty offenders were not pursued by the CPS because of these Officers apparent misdoings. It's a sad state of affairs and it appears ,on the increase .

I have always had a lot of time and support for the Police who at times do a very diffucult and dangerous job ( well paid ) but their support from the Public must be drifting away . Was drummed into me years ago that the Police only serve with the consent and support of the Public - loss either and we as a whole have a problem in Society

I don't see how it couldn't be if it's all done and dusted - besides, it's a public interest piece.

The HT refuse to report on details even when the BBC do it and I'd have a bet that the BBC know a lot more around the legalities of journalism than the HT does.

From the apparent Press Release by WM Police as published in the HT

" West Mercia Police said it does not currently name officers or staff dismissed."

To be fair to WMP apparently it was the CPS that decided not to prosecute these Officers - in view of all the news about the CPS raises the question ....are they fit for purpose ?

I realise there may well be a policy, however, that doesn't negate freedom of information and journalism that has grounds in public interest.

Like hot food at night, a policy is just another barrier they put up to hide behind when they want their own way

The CPS are very quick to NAME people who are accused, such as Bill Roache, Rolf Harris, Michael Le Vell, Freddie Starr, Dave Lee Travis, Jimmy Tarbuck, & Jim Davidson, I could go on! But protect their own eh...

Jim Davidson was arrested twice and he was all over the papers. He ended up not being charged with anything. Freddie Starr was all over the papers and he's still on Police bail more than a year after being arrested. No charges yet ~if ever! 

All seems a bit hit and miss this naming of people unless someone is charged and taken to court. 

I don't think the WMP is deliberately trying to be over secretive and indeed fairly recently two of their Herefordshire staff (separate cases) were charged with stuff and their details publicised. Cases ongoing.

I certainly don't rate the WMP press office though. And I'm not alone there!