Urban Village Plans Passed

Colin James

Urban village group have had their plans for a 10 one bedroom apartments next to the Freedom Church in Coningsby Street Hereford.

Quote from HT: Gareth Scannell, Sanctuary’s development manager, said: “These will be high quality affordable homes, designed to meet the needs of those requiring supported accommodation in Hereford.”

A bloody amplifier, a tambourine, three chords and a badly strummed Gibson guitar will drive these new tenants into the open arms of Lucifer. I ain't got a problem with praying. If good people want to kneel beneath their beds, mutter the Lords Prayer and thank our Lord Jesus for a bag of carrots and a handful of ripe apples then its all fine by me. I'll not be the one to object to this perfectly acceptable way of communicating gratitude for whatever the day has brought the good, honest rate payers of our City.

I mean, how many times can you sing 'Halleluzah, thank you Jesus, thank you Lord in the key of bloody 'G' and continue to believe that some will come rushing through the doors shouting, 'save me Jesus Im bloody ready.'

We've gotta get back to a time when prayer was done in silence and the mutterings and chants didn't keep the neighbours awake and interrupt their viewing of Celebrity Come Dine With Me.

If they want to do happy clappy, get thee up onto Hay Bluff, preferably when its blowing a gale, and thee'll be closer to the Lord. Otherwise, keep the noise down, or better silent - I'm with bobby47 as usual - ain't no reason for this 3 chord rock'n roll (aka the devil's music) at 11pm in a tin shed when honest folks are trying to sleep.

If they want to do happy clappy, get thee up onto Hay Bluff, preferably when its blowing a gale, and thee'll be closer to the Lord. Otherwise, keep the noise down, or better silent - I'm with bobby47 as usual - ain't no reason for this 3 chord rock'n roll (aka the devil's music) at 11pm in a tin shed when honest folks are trying to sleep.

I am with you both on this, lol weird if you ask me, the only thing I believe in is myself  :Grin: