Trying to settle an argument Tesco garage 24hr

Victor Wright

I am trying to settle a small argument here, did the Tesco garage used to be open 24 hours?

Yes the garage did used to be open 24 hours until a few years back when they extended the store and car park and the garage was moved to it's current position. I think it should be open 24 hours now, but apparently some resisdents have complaints about this, even though Tesco was there before the immediate houses, I should know I have lived here since the site was built 21 years ago.

I am trying to settle a small argument here, did the Tesco garage used to be open 24 hours?

Yes it used to be open 24 hours in it's original location, but since it moved to where it is now we have had many complaints from residents living in the immediate area of the garage, of noise and light polution, also HGV vehicles attempting to manuver the narrow area leading to the garage forcourt making it hazzardous.

Personally I think the garage is so close to the road I can't see the different myself, any lorries coming into the garage and not going to make any more noise than the lorries coming down the Belmont road. I think making the garage 24 hour would be good. There is a poll on here somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Guests
Guest smartieno1

Personally I think the garage is so close to the road I can't see the different myself, any lorries coming into the garage and not going to make any more noise than the lorries coming down the Belmont road. I think making the garage 24 hour would be good. There is a poll on here somewhere.

The garage should never have been allowed to be sited so close to the houses...and the houses were there first in this case as this was land ear-marked for the PUB........not a garage

Believe you me living next door to a 24hr retail operation is AWFUL...some nights especially during the summer my disabled Son and I cannot get to sleep because of the noise coming from TESCO deliveries......