Hereford Police seem to have blinkers on

Jrtb

I just wanted to point out that I know the world is in a mess at the moment and we are all or should be doing our best to get beyond this problem by abiding by the rules that are put in place for us .. I think I'm pretty sure  that  people will grumbling at the smalls problems this topic will point out and to be honest I think we're all pretty fed up with covid and the rules.. but here it is we've got to do the right thing... now I've noticed that while this pandemic is going on there are little things that probably seem irrelevant in the grand scheme of things...that is the police it seems wish to ignore....I don't know if the issue  Im going to mention in this  blog is just in Hereford it could be widespread Across Britain in different towns I don't know I can only speak for where I am...but the amount of cyclists that have no lights on their bikes is absolutely astronomical... my son is a cyclist and his bike is kitted out with good lights on it I didn't even have to tell him he done the sensible thing he obviously doesn't want to end up under somebody's car which if you've got any common sense you know at some point that will happen.... here is the crazy thing I have seen in 1-week a phenomenal amount of people riding bikes with no lights on at night in Black??.... what's that about?? you have to be a congenital moron to ride a bike with no lights in the dark on the roads at night... I live towards rotherwas and that's where the majority of bikes come from the industrial area at shift change times and it is horrendous if you don't believe me go and watch the amount of people with no lights on their bikes its ridiculous and the police do nothing ...why?... I am expecting some smartass to turn round and say that I'm having a go at cyclist I'm not my son is a cyclist if I wasn't pointing it out I wouldn't be doing the right thing to protect cyclists... not all of them do it I saw somebody tonight on the road on tthere bike and I had a giggle to myself because this guy look like a Christmas tree all lit up going up the road but the fact of the matter is you could see him fluorescent jacket on as well to be fair it was probably a little bit OTT but the guy obviously wanted to live... and that's what it's all about but because of everything that is going on I feel that this situation is getting out of hand but you've got to remember it was going on before the pandemic it just seems to have got worse while the pandemic is ongoing... in the 80s you used to get a £15 fine for riding a bike with no lights on.... and it's still against the law to ride a bike on the pavement but the police see them and do nothing.... I know we have bigger issues going on in the world but there are still small issues with that need addressing that are there  for peoples safety and such like... just because we're all looking at the bigger picture of what is going on the smaller issues can be left to just go by the way... I really do wonder what has happened to the Fabric of society 2020 hasn't really been very good to any of us so hopefully 2021 we will come through the other side and will have beat this....and the police will do their job and stop cyclists getting stuck to car tyres because they've no lights... you see them on the road... whoever you are ...you seen them...and I know I've seen them there are plenty of  law breaking cyclists which gives cycling an unwanted amount of attention and then all cyclists are under the microscope...which is not fair for the ones that do it right.... Hereford Police get off your asses and stop people riding with no lights and on pavements  it's turning into an epidemic of people with no lights and dark clothes on on the roads especially coming from rotherwas.... don't see the point in somebody wearing a mask trying to get beyond covid and then they go and ride a push-bike in the dark with no lights on because on one hand they would be doing the right thing for yourself and everybody with a mask... and then there playing Russian Roulette with there lives on a bike because there not abiding by why the laws of the road.... I've actually witnessed this week twice on two separate occasions a police car passing somebody on a bicycle while they had no lights on in the dark and on the pavement I was absolutely gobsmacked and the police didn't even look at him ...but to be fair they probably didn't see him.... same with the other one tearing around no lights on Through town dodging the traffic.... why does the police not address it....before people grumble and say their under staffed what is the excuse when they pass them in their cars and they're on the pavement with no lights?...there is no excuse it's all about being bothered... it'll probably be one of those situations where nothing will get done until somebody gets seriously hurt or killed.... cyclist on the road with no lights it's in the dark and on pavements you should be ashamed because you are causing problems for the cyclists that abide by the rules.... and that's not right and that's not fair are what about the poor driver that would probably end up seriously hurting you or killing you you because you you were all in Black on a push bike in the dark with no lights that person has to live with that for the rest of their life I think the cyclists that do this with no lights it's putting their lives at risk should be ashamed of themselves