Good morning Herefordshire we're now in Lockdown 2

Hereford Voice

1242293626_HVLockdown2.thumb.png.4a892430e4148fc215fd366abba02149.png

National restrictions from 5 November

Applies to: England (see guidance for Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland)

COVID-19 case numbers are rising rapidly across the whole of the UK and in other countries. We must act now to control the spread of the virus. The single most important action we can all take to fight coronavirus is to stay at home, to protect the NHS and save lives.

When we reduce our day-to-day contact with other people, we reduce the spread of the infection. That is why, from Thursday 5 November until Wednesday 2 December, you must:

Stay at home, except for specific purposes.

Avoid meeting people you do not live with, except for specific purposes.

Close certain businesses and venues.

These new measures will reduce the growth rate of the virus, which will:

prevent the NHS from being overwhelmed

ensure schools, colleges and universities can stay open

ensure that as many people as possible can continue to work

Until 00.01am on Thursday 5 November, the relevant Local Covid Alert Levelmeasures will continue to apply in the area where you live. From 00.01 on Thursday 5 November these national restrictions replace the local restrictions in your area.

The new measures will apply nationally for four weeks up to Wednesday 2 December. At the end of the period, we will return to a regional approach, based on the latest data.

These measures will be underpinned by law. Police and other authorities will have powers to give fines and break up gatherings.

You can help to protect your friends and family by downloading the NHS COVID-19 App to keep updated on the latest guidance from Thursday 5 November

There is separate guidance for households with a possible or confirmed coronavirus infection.

Full details can be found HERE

Absolute nightmare for my elderly mother.
We moved her into her flat on 6th Oct and I was in the middle of installing a new kitchen when we had a phone call from Estate agents on the10th Oct telling us to stop what we were doing and to get out of flat and hand keys back as their had been a huge error in the buying process by our solicitor.
I was thinking. Ok,a few days and we would be back in flat.......It's now 5th November,lockdown,she is still homeless and 'sofa surfing' between families.
She is on medication because she cannot sleep and has just been put on anti depressents by her Dr.
She has been treated apallingly by certain solicitors and has been left homless though no fault of her own.
We now have lockdown and she has a medical condition & is elderly which meams she needs to self isolate which she cannot do.
Everyone involved in this process is saying they know what my mothers predicament is and they are trying to end this nightmare as quickly as possible but me and my family dont see this.When it comes to solicitors there is no care and compassion at all.

On 05/11/2020 at 10:11, ragwert said:

Absolute nightmare for my elderly mother.
We moved her into her flat on 6th Oct and I was in the middle of installing a new kitchen when we had a phone call from Estate agents on the10th Oct telling us to stop what we were doing and to get out of flat and hand keys back as their had been a huge error in the buying process by our solicitor.
I was thinking. Ok,a few days and we would be back in flat.......It's now 5th November,lockdown,she is still homeless and 'sofa surfing' between families.
She is on medication because she cannot sleep and has just been put on anti depressents by her Dr.
She has been treated apallingly by certain solicitors and has been left homless though no fault of her own.
We now have lockdown and she has a medical condition & is elderly which meams she needs to self isolate which she cannot do.
Everyone involved in this process is saying they know what my mothers predicament is and they are trying to end this nightmare as quickly as possible but me and my family dont see this.When it comes to solicitors there is no care and compassion at all.

Yes same for us with my parents, so difficult for many families.