Yevette Cooper & Brexit

Cambo

A little while back I decide to email a number of MP’s about my concerning regarding their behaviour towards Brexit...so today I revived my first & only response  so far from Yvette Cooper which I have to admit my surprise at.

she was asking in the email if I would take part in a survey regarding Brexit with a link to said survey....below is a copy of my email to Yvette & her response to said email also with the link for anyone wanting to take part in her survey 

9F61CE60-45DD-4B29-B0C8-E089B2786669.thumb.png.622a0bc55d90d64b4ebe239acffcc75c.png

My email in full

You have no right to try to overturn Brexit as the people in your constitution that you are supposedly representing voted in a majority to leave...as in many other areas throughout the country too where the sitting MP’s who are remainer’s are doing likewise as there actions do not represent the view of the majority of those constituents of theirs who voted to leave...that is not democracy...so I believe that there’s & your actions since the vote to leave cumulating now in your desire to present this ludicrous bill in which you intend on putting before parliament tomorrow to be an unholy non democratic action which in my opinion is in contempt of those you supposedly represent..what you are trying to do is akin to slapping those very same people in the face..shame on you!

so I implore you that you should desist from your intended action in parliament tomorrow in presenting this ludicrous bill of yours which would have you change the course of the democratic vote to leave the EU in doing so you will be doing irreversible damage to the democratic process in the eyes of the people of this country again it will be to your shame & detriment if you do not desist from your actions!

8AB35646-B96F-41B9-9E9B-F0C731F640B3.thumb.png.462408b72236c5f27e94b86c767ccc0b.png

I wanted to ask your views on the next steps on Brexit as I think we need some calm common sense to get this right.

For the last two years, I’ve called on everyone to come together to make Brexit work. I voted to trigger Article 50, called for a cross party commission to oversee the negotiations, put forward Brexit proposals on security cooperation and immigration reform, and argued for a customs union deal to support Yorkshire manufacturing. I’ve also conducted local surveys and meetings. I want the Government to get a Brexit deal that works for Yorkshire, and supports jobs and workers rights.

But I am worried now about two things.

First, I am concerned that the Government has made such a mess of things, we still don’t know what kind of Brexit we are going to get even though there are only five weeks to go. That’s not enough time to plan anything. I think some big decisions are needed in the next two weeks about what kind of Brexit we should have, but I want to know what you think.

Second, I am worried that if the Government keeps dithering we will end up with No Deal by accident, even though no one is prepared for it, and it would mean putting up WTO tariffs on food. Pontefract GPs have told me that 40% of our medicines come from Europe and stockpiling has already put prices up. West Yorkshire Police have told me they will lose access to crucial Europe wide criminal databases they use to catch criminals. Local employers and trades unions including Burberry and Haribo have told me they will be hit by border delays.

That is why I put forward a common sense proposal that says the Government needs to get it sorted by the middle of March but if they haven’t the Prime Minister needs to say whether she wants No Deal or to extend the Article 50 period to get a deal a deal In place, and then Parliament should vote on it. My Bill doesn’t block Brexit, revoke Article 50 or change the referendum result, all it does is stop the Prime Minister leaving everything till the last minute and forces her to be honest with people about whether they need a bit more time to make things work and avoid the chaos. But I’d like to know your views.

Everyone is shouting at each other over Brexit at the moment and it’s becoming a real mess. That’s why I think we need some calm, Yorkshire common sense, and for everyone to pull together to sort it out.

Share your views through my Brexit Survey:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1I4h-XWrj6D_1mNF7cjftPVKAz2W01cNM14jVRvZmIXM/

Best wishes,

Yvette Cooper MP

On 08/03/2019 at 08:57, SON OF GRIDKNOCKER said:

Well Done Cambo! Mixing it with Parliament's top echelons now. A very courteous reply too. I always much preferred her to her rather pugnacious husband and, frankly, I think she'd have been a better choice as Jezza's Deputy.

Thanks SOG it was...she’s gone up in my estimations that’s for sure...never expected a reply let alone a polite one! 

Who is her pugnacious husband?