ASDA carpark

locallady

Someone has told me Asda are going to start charging for parking there. Surely this will make Belmont Avenue chaos even worse? When will they put double yellow lines in front of the new building. There is a near miss on that corner daily. Imagine turning right out of Belmont Court with cars parked outside the new building.. they don't follow the Highway Code regarding parking opposite T-junctions. A head-on waiting to happen at school-run times. The parents have no consideration, just want to get out as quickly as possible. Vehicles coming from Belmont Road have right of way, but are consistently made to run on the left pavement as the parents won't/can't give way.

59 minutes ago, locallady said:

Someone has told me Asda are going to start charging for parking there. Surely this will make Belmont Avenue chaos even worse? When will they put double yellow lines in front of the new building. There is a near miss on that corner daily. Imagine turning right out of Belmont Court with cars parked outside the new building.. they don't follow the Highway Code regarding parking opposite T-junctions. A head-on waiting to happen at school-run times. The parents have no consideration, just want to get out as quickly as possible. Vehicles coming from Belmont Road have right of way, but are consistently made to run on the left pavement as the parents won't/can't give way.

I heard this too but it turns out that it was not the Hereford store.

On 20/06/2018 at 21:12, ragwert said:

I heard this too but it turns out that it was not the Hereford store.

I know I keep commenting on the Belmont Avenue traffic problem. I try to avoid the school-run times, but this afternoon I turned right into it from Belmont Road, behind another vehicle. Just before the left bend, the one in front pulled onto the pavement as there were the usual cars in the 'pull-in'on the right and there was a row of cars parked on the right in front of the new building. A Yeomans coach was coming in the opposite direction away from the school, with a stream of cars behind it. There were two cars behind me, so no chance of reversing. I could not pull onto pavement to let it pass until the parents and children walking along were out of the way. Praise to the coach driver who managed to make his way through. This really needs to be sorted.