And schools....

Biomech

One solution is to buy a new battery for your watch  :Winky:

I'm sure they don't finish at 2pm - unless council cuts mean there is no longer a truant officer (Educational Welfare Officer in modern terminology) and the little darlings like to go and watch motorists sitting in traffic jams - playing `chicken` in Hereford City Centre has become very tame and safe.

One I could find, whitecross, they finish at 2.30 on a monday and 3 on other days. However, I checked my receipt from The Range and they were definitely pouring out of there at 2pm this Monday. - They only have 1 lesson after lunch!

Today they were everywhere, I left the house about 2pm to pick something up from town (see other thread). That said, it took until 3.30 just to get to town, pick up a box and return home (total 2.3 miles each way)

At the risk of sounding like bobby, when I was a kid, we worked in class until 3.40pm and after all the crap rarely got home before 4.30

It was 3.50 when I was at primary school!

GDJ, there are a lot less EWO's than previously....around the same time as it was deemed Connexions could be slashed, so were they. Maybe I just imagine this, but I certainly notice quite a few groups of school age children hanging around during school hours, more now than previously!!

I can't bloody sleep! Bloody Jarvis and his rotten Hereford Futures. Course, when I was at School we had it tough. Tough time! That's what it was. Bloody tough! We had buggar all. None of your mamby pamby School uniform. We were so poor we'd get kitted out at the Army & Navy stores in Town. I spent bloody three years dressed up as a World War Two Japaneese Sea Admiral, with a decorative bloody sword. Tough time. Tougher than today time.

We used to get up for School half an hour before we went to bed, walk fifteen bloody miles to School and play bloody conkers whilst enroute and when we got into the classroom the teacher would head butt you if you hadn't done your homework.

And there was none of this mixed education stuff. Women were a mystery to us. We had Latin, the Halleluzah Chorus, endless hours of religious education warning you that if ever you masturbated your soul would be consumed by the fires of hell and getting thrashed with the cane was a way of keeping bloody warm.

You know what else bobby, when I was at school and it snowed we used to have to wait in the class room to see if the heating system would come back on, if it didn't we either worked in our coats and gloves or, if we were REALLY lucky, they let us go home. Now they close schools BEFORE it snows on the off chance that it MIGHT snow.

It's absolutely ridiculous