Advertising refusal at Hereford FC

I have just seen this refusal for advertising at Hfc.

THE COUNTY OF HEREFORDSHIRE DISTRICT COUNCIL hereby gives notice in pursuance of the above Act and Regulations that CONSENT has been REFUSED for the display of the advertisements described above for the following reasons: 1 The proposed location of the hoardings next to a busy section of road, which also features signalised junctions and pedestrian crossing points, is considered inappropriate owing to the potential for advertisements to distract driver's attention. The proposals would therefore have a detrimental impact on highway safety and are thus contrary to Policy MT1 of the Herefordshire Local Plan and Section 7 of the NPPF.

So how come it was OK for the advertising on Newmarket roundabout ?

3 hours ago, ragwert said:

I have just seen this refusal for advertising at Hfc.

THE COUNTY OF HEREFORDSHIRE DISTRICT COUNCIL hereby gives notice in pursuance of the above Act and Regulations that CONSENT has been REFUSED for the display of the advertisements described above for the following reasons: 1 The proposed location of the hoardings next to a busy section of road, which also features signalised junctions and pedestrian crossing points, is considered inappropriate owing to the potential for advertisements to distract driver's attention. The proposals would therefore have a detrimental impact on highway safety and are thus contrary to Policy MT1 of the Herefordshire Local Plan and Section 7 of the NPPF.

So how come it was OK for the advertising on Newmarket roundabout ?

Well I was going to run a topic on this, I took a load of photographs only last week showing the amount of adverts on the Len Weston stand backing onto Edgar St, I am surprised that nobody has complained. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I thoroughly agree with Colin on this topic. I have never been able to understand why HC has turned a blind eye to all the adverts on the back of that stand. Many people I know who drive through Hereford along Edgar Street have commented that they are an eyesore. They should ALL come down and the back of the stand should be painted matt grey of something similar to make it disappear visually.

And on the subject of Edgar Street eyesores, does anyone else feel sorry for the folk living opposite that dreadful slatted vertical wooden fencing which was intended to 'mask' the Old Market's multi-storey car park? By the present look of it, the contractors barely gave it a lick of wood preservative when it was erected! 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 25/04/2018 at 08:19, SON OF GRIDKNOCKER said:

I thoroughly agree with Colin on this topic. I have never been able to understand why HC has turned a blind eye to all the adverts on the back of that stand. Many people I know who drive through Hereford along Edgar Street have commented that they are an eyesore. They should ALL come down and the back of the stand should be painted matt grey of something similar to make it disappear visually.

And on the subject of Edgar Street eyesores, does anyone else feel sorry for the folk living opposite that dreadful slatted vertical wooden fencing which was intended to 'mask' the Old Market's multi-storey car park? By the present look of it, the contractors barely gave it a lick of wood preservative when it was erected! 

I never really understood WHY the Herdsman's planning application for a nice new sign on their wall was refused yet all of this lot is acceptable...

HFC2.thumb.jpg.73754275cb9c3e4198ff686212b33143.jpg

HFC3.thumb.jpg.16510552564b964581e5701a8f9c700c.jpg