New measures to curb dog fouling

Hereford Voice

New measures to curb dog fouling and prevent problems with out of control dogs across Herefordshire came into force on 27 March 2018.
dog_poo.jpg.27beeb54b990bc63b15a2dd8fb885364.jpg

The Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) for dog control, which has replaced the previous dog control orders, gives council enforcement officers and police officers powers to deal with dog owners who fail to properly control or clean up after their dogs in public open spaces.

Measures include offences requiring dog owners and walkers to:

• Clear up after their dog

• Keep their dog on a lead in some areas

• Put their dog on a lead when asked to

• Keep dogs out of some areas

People with assistance dogs are exempt from this PSPO.

Responses received during a consultation period last year show support for the rules contained in the order.

Councillor Durkin, Cabinet Member for Transport and Regulatory Services, said: 

“The majority of dog owners are responsible and keep their dogs under control and clean up after them, this order will allow action to be taken against the minority who do not’’.

Herefordshire Council asks members of the public to report incidents of dog fouling via the link so that appropriate action can be taken.

Herefordshire Council asks members of the public to report incidents of dog fouling via the link so that appropriate action can be taken.

Biggest laugh I have had in ages.I know for a fact that unless they are actually seen not cleaning up, sweet FA  can be done.
Last time I heard there is now no dog warden.Used to be two who were then made part time then down to one.

So, I see a dog having a poo, and the owner does not use a bag to pick it up. I have no authority, as a member of the Public, to ask for their name, address or phone number. So besides a Police Officer or Council representitive being there at the time, what will happen? BTW, you do not have to give your name to anyone except a Police Officer who is a Traffic Officer, or one who believes a crime has been committed. What a bloody waste of time!