Hereford Duck Pond Frustrations

Colin James

I am very frustrated today, some vile idiot has removed the donated duck feeding advice sign from the wall at the duck pond and thrown it into the pond. 

Duck Pond Sign.jpg

I am also quite concerned as there are a several large dead fish both in the water and one on the side near to where the bamboo is located. (not sure what fish these are?) Possibly eaten and killed by Otters

The pond is fairly shallow and clear and I spotted a number of big fish swimming around which has confirmed to me there are plenty of fish in the water however, I do have concerns over what has caused these others to die.

I still have additional signs at home and it looks like we will have to house tase in a enclosed notice board. I am aware that there are a few scattered about the city no longer being used that we may be able to use going forward. 

There is also still a lot of discarded rubbish, can and signs still in the water which needs removing, so another clean up will be required once the weather improves, I will advise a mutually agreed date in the coming months. In the meantime have a look at the photographs that I took today.

• 9 months later...