Using the forum - question about filters

twowheelsgood

Colin, some of that last post has gone missing!

I use the 'mark community read' but this doesn't stop all the topic showing when I next visit (or even refresh) - a bug/conflict perhaps between this function and 'show new content'.

Sorry, I removed it as these options are only available to me as the admin. You can still Mark Community Read.

Colin, some of that last post has gone missing!

I use the 'mark community read' but this doesn't stop all the topic showing when I next visit (or even refresh) - a bug/conflict perhaps between this function and 'show new content'.

This will not prevent a topic from showing up, this feature merely makes the topic appear as read on your browser for your own record.

All new topics are coloured and once you click and read them and turns them grey, if someone replies to that topic again, it will show as unread and so on. 

As for hiding topics all together, there is no real way of doing this, I will have a look if there is a wok around but it would just complicate the database I feel. 

The way the system is configured, a new topic appears on the front page (Portal) and as more new topics appear older topics drop further down the list on the main page, however, when a member replies to a topic it automatically bumps that topic back to the top, this is quite normal.

Ok, thanks. But if I have a filter that says 'show new content' why does it list 20 greyed topics that don't have any new content? As I said, I don't think it works as it should, but it's fine, I can live with it!

This is working correctly believe it or not. It is showing the new content list as it should and the greyed out ones you will have already read. The forum uses cookies but try logging out then back in.