Firearms Surrender

Colin James

It's the last weekend of our firearms surrender campaign. Please take this opportunity to hand in any unlicensed or unwanted firearms so we can safely destroy them.

372 firearms handed in so far across West Mercia and Warwickshire policing areas. 

http://www.westmercia.police.uk/…/final-weekend-of-firearms…

Firearms Surrender.png

I hope people know that the Police will accept surrendered firearms at any time , you do not have to wait until a Surrender Campaign.

When my mother went into a Care Home 3 years ago Mrs U and I had to clear her home and found two .22 pistols , I wasn't able to ascertain from my mother who suffers from dementia- ( now 93 ) where they came from -with hindsight I believe that my Grandmother who lived for some time in the USA carried them in her handbag in the USA . I as NOK certainly didn't want them so I surrendered them at Hereford Police Station . I advised the Clerk what was in my bag and where they were found , assuring her that they were not loaded and presented them to her . Completed a surrender form , job done.