Man Charged With Burglary At Knifepoint, Ross-on-Wye

Roger

Man Charged With Burglary At Knifepoint, Ross-on-Wye

A man has been charged with a burglary in Ross-on-Wye, where a vulnerable pensioner was confronted by an intruder with a knife, as well as a second burglary in Gloucestershire.

The burglary happened at about 2.30am on Tuesday 15 April in Three Crosses Road.

The victim was asleep downstairs when he was confronted by a burglar armed with a knife and demanding money. He handed over around £60 in cash.

Gareth Robins, aged 35 of Wall House Road, Ross, was arrested and charged on Saturday (19 April) with aggravated burglary.

He was also charged with a burglary in Newent, where a house in West View was broken into on Wednesday (16 April) and electrical items, cash and a wristwatch were among items stolen.

He appeared at Worcester Magistrates’ Court yesterday where he was bailed to appear at Worcester Crown Court on 11 August.

Issued:  Tuesday 22 April 2014

West Mercia Press Release

At face value this character sounds lucky to have got bail ... 

Just amazes me that this person was granted Bail ( I presume because of Govt guidelines ) next appearance in Court is in the second week of August . How can that be justice for both the Victim and the alledged offender.

Many years ago I was on Military Town Patrol supporting the local Constabulary whilst my regiment were on exercise on the Brecon Beacons, a young lad from my Regiment who was off duty smashed the window of the Fish and Chip shop , he then went onto kick the rear window out of the Police Landrover . It was agreed that the Military would deal with him. By 2pm the next day the Fish and Chip shop owner and the Police had been paid for the damage caused and the offender spent 14 days in the Guardroom . Ah , those were the days !

Looking at the dates involved I would assume that he was refused bail by the cops ... put before the Court ... and the Magistrates let him out ... 

Being cynical I would suggest it's a licence to commit more crime as ultimately a 2.30 AM knife point burglary must attract a period in the can when this eventually gets resolved? Any more stuff in the intervening period might just get a consecutive penalty?