BREAKING NEWS UPDATE | Three Counties Hotel Hereford Commandeered By Government.

Hereford Voice

That's the view of local Councillor Polly Andrews who wrote to us over the weekend saying;

"I understand that the hotel has been commandeered( if that is the right word ) directly by the Home office - the council has no input into this. I know that city councillors, especially those that represent the area are very worried about the proposal - but so far we have been given no further details"

Following on from our 'Breaking News' article HERE and on our Facebook page HERE

Hereford Voice continues to lead the way by revealing import local news, which is in the public interest.

328763941_1962155417467820_4884793309388206329_n.thumb.jpg.a382a5a6b20224e8f3e40b70713d5f8c.jpg
Three Counties Hotel, Belmont Road Hereford 

Councillor David Summers told us;

"It is my understanding that the CEO and multi-agency partners will be meeting with Government Officials next week to discuss the matter and like others I await the outcome of those meetings."

Councillor Tracy Bowes told us;

"At the moment we have very limited information from the government and a meeting is being held on Thursday with representatives from Herefordshire Council and the government to discuss those concerns."

Councillor Ann-Marie Probert told us;

I've had an email from our chief executive……

At this stage we have no further information than that contained in the letter. The next step is a meeting with Government Officials and local multi agency partners (including Police and health) which is due to be held later next week. We will then update all members on progress and any next steps.

I'll speak with other councillors to advise me what we will be doing to get it stopped.

Cllr Probert"

There is currently a live hybrid planning application submitted on behalf of Lidl to demolish the Three Counties Hotel and build a new supermarket, Hereford Voice also broke that news last year in this article - https://bit.ly/HVLidl

And apparently at the time another local social media page said our story was just a rumour, before realising it was actually fact then ironically 'jumped on the bandwagon'...

Hereford Voice once again leading the way for others to follow..

We will continue to provide genuine updates on this story and other local news.

Colin,

Seems like the owners of the hotel are looking to take the easy money on offer.

Local residents concerned by this proposal need to send their concerns asap by e-mail to relevant officials and Cllrs.

List:

Paul.Walker@herefordshire.gov.uk; Matthew.Pearce@herefordshire.gov.uk; David.Hitchiner@herefordshire.gov.uk; tracy.bowes@herefordshire.gov.uk; Ann-Marie.Probert@herefordshire.gov.uk; Kevin.Tillett@herefordshire.gov.uk; Paul.Rone@herefordshire.gov.uk; jesse.norman.mp@parliament.uk; Hilary.Hall@herefordshire.gov.uk;  epjharvey@herefordshire.gov.uk; Ange.Tyler@herefordshire.gov.uk; John.Harrington@herefordshire.gov.uk; Pauline.Crockett3@herefordshire.gov.uk; Gemma.Davies6@herefordshire.gov.uk; clerk@belmontrural-pc.gov.uk; clerk@herefordcitycouncil.gov.uk

Are you or any readers able to publicise this via Facebook please as I'm not on that platform, as the depth of feeling needs conveying now.

Thanks,

Adrian Smith

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Adrian Smith said:

Colin,

Seems like the owners of the hotel are looking to take the easy money on offer.

Local residents concerned by this proposal need to send their concerns asap by e-mail to relevant officials and Cllrs.

List:

Paul.Walker@herefordshire.gov.uk; Matthew.Pearce@herefordshire.gov.uk; David.Hitchiner@herefordshire.gov.uk; tracy.bowes@herefordshire.gov.uk; Ann-Marie.Probert@herefordshire.gov.uk; Kevin.Tillett@herefordshire.gov.uk; Paul.Rone@herefordshire.gov.uk; jesse.norman.mp@parliament.uk; Hilary.Hall@herefordshire.gov.uk;  epjharvey@herefordshire.gov.uk; Ange.Tyler@herefordshire.gov.uk; John.Harrington@herefordshire.gov.uk; Pauline.Crockett3@herefordshire.gov.uk; Gemma.Davies6@herefordshire.gov.uk; clerk@belmontrural-pc.gov.uk; clerk@herefordcitycouncil.gov.uk

Are you or any readers able to publicise this via Facebook please as I'm not on that platform, as the depth of feeling needs conveying now.

Thanks,

Adrian Smith

Thank you for providing these email address's I will be sending in my objections to this ridiculous plan today too.