Police Traffic stop

DILLIGAF

WARNING TO WEST MERCIA CONSTABULARY

I'm going to post on here (as it has more clout) if I do not get an answer to my email from Southside Cops. Needless to say my 'stop' left me feeling very uneasy, and I was guilt free!

I will await a response from Southsides finest before I take this any further.

Half attempt at a reply, and NO my name isn't Simon! (Clue is in the email address!)

I shall wait a week before further action is taken, which is a reasonable amount of time.

••••••••

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your email. The email has been passed to PC Phillips who will forward the email to the supervisors of the roads policing teams in Hereford so that they can action as they see fit.

Kind Regards.

First thing - was it a panda car ( Astra/Corsa etc) or was it a traffic car, for example one of the BMW's?

If it's the latter, then you would probably need to contact Worcester rather than Southside - I have heard that some of the traffic officers in the X5's do have quite a high and mighty attitude in general

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Firstly my apologies to Nick for not updating sooner. ;/

I have spoken to the good man who explained the situation in clarity. I'm now happy!!

I did get a response from WMP as below.

I just wanted to update regarding your query over a stop of your vehicle by police officers on Belmont Road. I apologise for the length of time that has elapsed since being stopped and yourself being updated. As your local policing team we contacted the Sgt's who supervise the roads policing officers who were the most likely unit given your description. They in turn have asked their officers.

Sgt Hargreaves team were on duty that evening, they don't specifically recall the stop. He replied as follows ;

It appears to have been a routine stop check, the officer probably had no concerns, made his excuses and let him on his way without needing to do further checks. I have done this myself many times.

I don't know if you can pass this on to DILLIGAF to re assure him.

Hopefully this clears things up.

Many Thanks

Firstly my apologies to Nick for not updating sooner. ;/

I have spoken to the good man who explained the situation in clarity. I'm now happy!!

I did get a response from WMP as below.

I just wanted to update regarding your query over a stop of your vehicle by police officers on Belmont Road. I apologise for the length of time that has elapsed since being stopped and yourself being updated. As your local policing team we contacted the Sgt's who supervise the roads policing officers who were the most likely unit given your description. They in turn have asked their officers.

Sgt Hargreaves team were on duty that evening, they don't specifically recall the stop. He replied as follows ;

It appears to have been a routine stop check, the officer probably had no concerns, made his excuses and let him on his way without needing to do further checks. I have done this myself many times.

I don't know if you can pass this on to DILLIGAF to re assure him.

Hopefully this clears things up.

Many Thanks