Changes in Waste Collections

Hereford Voice

Some residents will see changes to their waste collection day from 18 March

Bin_men_with_lorry.thumb.jpg.2dcdd14d7d79325aab7f9a0964984c44.jpg

There will be changes to the waste collection day or week for many Herefordshire residents from Monday 18 March.

Collection times across the county could be affected, so everyone’s bins should be put outside by 6.30am on collection day, or the evening before.

Herefordshire Council will write directly to residents who will see a change to their collection day, the majority of which are around the Ross and Ledbury areas.

Herefordshire Council has been working with FCC Environment to make collection routes more efficient, and to prevent missed collections. Very few changes to collection routes have been made since 2014 but many new properties have been built across the county since then so changes are needed. Collection areas have been grouped together to ensure that all the waste in that area is collected on one day, rather than over several days.

In the long term, this will mean that we reduce vehicle emissions and save fuel. The time saving also means there will be more flexibility to cope with seasonal changes in the amount of waste and recycling being collected, and create more capacity to allow for future housing developments.

Residents can check their bin collection days, download a collection calendar and find answers to further questions online at www.herefordshire.gov.uk/bincollection

I'm in HR1 in Aylestone and my Wednesday collection on 20.03.19 has been moved to Friday 22.03.19. Green bin. The previous collection arrived at 4PM ish so the only thing missing now is my new time. So I'll put the bin out Thursday night.