National Assembly For Wales

Roger

A sort of Parliament. 

It has the high profile stuff in the news like the plastic bag charge (Paper clip politics in my book.) And free prescriptions. But what real power has it really got? 

Will it be bailing out TATA steel tomorrow ? They make a lot of noise but if the wheel comes off the pressure seems to arrive in Westminster. 

All wheels within wheels I guess!  :tongue_32:

National Assembly recalled to consider Welsh steel industry

30/03/2016

The Presiding Officer of the National Assembly for Wales, Dame Rosemary Butler AM, has recalled the Assembly to consider the ongoing situation in the Welsh steel industry.

port%20talbot%20twitter%20size.png

The meeting will take place on Monday, 4 April 2016 at 13.30. The First Minister will make a statement to the Assembly, followed by questions from Members.

Dame Rosemary said:

"Following a request from the First Minister, I consider the current situation facing the Welsh steel industry to be of urgent public importance, and have therefore decided to recall the Assembly on Monday 4 April."

The meeting will take place in Siambr Hywel, the former debating chamber of the National Assembly, in the Ty Hywel building. Directions to Ty Hywel can be found here.

Places in the public gallery are limited so anyone wishing to attend should contact the National Assembly booking line on 0300 200 6565, or email contact@assembly.wales.

Further public areas will be set aside to view proceedings live on large screens elsewhere on the Assembly estate.

The meeting will also be streamed live on Senedd tv.