Armed Police Called To Cathedral Grounds.

dippyhippy

Reports state that a man has been arrested for allegedly brandishing what appeared to be a handgun, at members of the public in the grounds of Hereford Cathedral yesterday afternoon.

It turned out to be a BB gun, though if one was waved at me in a threatening manner, I would be unable to distinguish, and would be in fear of my life.

The arrest was made within seven minutes of receiving the call.

Well done, to our local policing team for dealing with this so quickly.

Personally, I cannot believe that anybody could be so idiotic as to wave a BB gun around. This is in close vicinity to a school, and is a very busy area.

I myself walked through about 3.00pm, and there were lots of folks sitting on the grass enjoying the sunshine.

I hope whoever this was is suitably punished, and doesn't get away with a slap on the wrist.

Personally, I cannot believe that anybody could be so idiotic as to wave a BB gun around. This is in close vicinity to a school, and is a very busy area.

Ah, now that reminds me of the old army joke - to rephrase: It's called a Balfour Beatty gun because it doesn't work and you can't fire it.