Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service crews were called to a fire late last night in Herefordshire caused by BBQ.

All 3 appliances from Leominster Fire Station were called to an outbuilding on fire just outside of Leominster. Crews used a hose reel, thermal imaging camera, ladders and hand tools to extinguish the fire and to remove the roof sheets to inspect for signs of fire spread.


The source of ignition for this fire was from cooking and heating during outside entertaining. With this type of activity set to increase during the following months, please take care where you are lighting BBQs and be aware of the surrounding area.

Access to this was made possible thanks to 521, the compact appliance. Crews were able to get close to the incident by navigating through the narrow drive entrance and around the back gardens, where a standard fire appliance would’ve struggled.

EyuXzTcXMAgB7O3.jpeg.410253990191ddf58489b9e4f38510b6.jpeg EyuXzUlXMAAoiZi.jpeg.75aa4eaddd8ed674a53fb6998cdb99e2.jpeg

📷 HWFIRE Leominster

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...